Tie over barline, different stem directions, wrong default tie direction

Tie over barline, different stem directions, wrong default tie direction

owaine1
Hi Bug-Lily List,

I found this very trivial issue with tie default behaviour.
I am changing the tie direction, which is fine, but the default
would be nice to have.

% Ties over barline should have
% automatic behaviour of being up
% (if 1st note stemDown, 2nd note stemUp).
% works as expected in bar but not over barline
\version "2.20.0"

\relative c'' {

 b2 b4 b~ | % undesired behaviour
 b8 g g g g2 |
 b4 b~ b8 g g g % in bar works

 % e2 e8 g a b_~ | % this works
 % b b b b b2 |

 % g'2 g8 g g, g~ | % undesired behaviour
 % g g g g g2 |
}

Note after first seven bars uncommented, the first undesired behaviour goes away!

Kind regards and Many thanks,

Owain Evans

Re: Tie over barline, different stem directions, wrong default tie direction

James Lowe-9
On 21/08/2020 04:50, Owain Evans wrote:

> % Ties over barline should have
> % automatic behaviour of being up
> % (if 1st note stemDown, 2nd note stemUp).
> % works as expected in bar but not over barline
> \version "2.20.0"
>
> \relative c'' {
>
>   b2 b4 b~ | % undesired behaviour
>   b8 g g g g2 |
>   b4 b~ b8 g g g % in bar works
>
>   % e2 e8 g a b_~ | % this works
>   % b b b b b2 |
>
>   % g'2 g8 g g, g~ | % undesired behaviour
>   % g g g g g2 |
> }
>
> Note after first seven bars uncommented, the first undesired behaviour goes away!

Thank you.

I have created

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6021

James