Tie-Script collisions

Kieren MacMillan
%% CODE BEGINS
\version "2.8.1"
{ a4\tenuto~ a }
%% CODE ENDS

%% SCREENSHOT: DEFAULT OUTPUT (PNG)

Hello, all!

Shouldn't Ties behave like Slurs when it comes to Script collisions/
avoidance?

In any case, I'm wondering how to move the beginning of the Tie to
the right a few notches. I know about the Tie.control-points
property, but it seems like that needs to be applied on a per-Tie
basis, i.e., I don't know of a way to design a \tieScriptAdjust which
would simply move the beginning of *any* Tie to the right a small
amount, without knowing ahead of time the rest of the control-point
values. [And I don't want to make my Tie a Slur and use #'positions,
because I don't consider that a sufficiently "clean" workaround...]

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Picture 1.png (9K) Download Attachment