Text Spanner ID Layer Spans

Reggie
Using a David's function to allow layering spanners, could you please tell me
how to acheive the spanners over one another and not overlap? I know the
colors example tweak command but using real words and spanner I cannot
figure out how to make them on top of each other. Begin at the same time.
Thank you for the help.
lay.png <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/lay.png>
\version "2.19.82"
\include "text-spanner-id.ly"
{
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text =
  \markup { \upright "rit." }
  b1\startTextSpanOne
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text =
  \markup { \upright "other span" }
  c\startTextSpanTwo
  e,\stopTextSpanOne
  c\stopTextSpanTwo

Re: Text Spanner ID Layer Spans

David Kastrup
Reggie <[hidden email]> writes:

> Using a David's function to allow layering spanners,

I like "a David's function".  It's like describing a caste of priests.

Re: Text Spanner ID Layer Spans

Reggie
David Kastrup wrote
> Reggie &lt;

> reegistoop@

> &gt; writes:
>
>> Using a David's function to allow layering spanners,
>
> I like "a David's function".  It's like describing a caste of priests.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Sorry David :))
Do you know the solution to my question?

Re: Text Spanner ID Layer Spans

Trevor Bača-2

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 5:47 PM Reggie <[hidden email]> wrote:
David Kastrup wrote
> Reggie &lt;

> reegistoop@

> &gt; writes:
>
>> Using a David's function to allow layering spanners,
>
> I like "a David's function".  It's like describing a caste of priests.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Sorry David :))
Do you know the solution to my question?

Hi Reggie,

To layer text spanners with David N.'s new functionality, you must \tweak spanner properties rather than overriding them.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.19.82"
\include "text-spanner-id.ly"
{
    b1
    - \tweak bound-details.left.text \markup { \upright "rit." }
    \startTextSpanOne
    - \tweak bound-details.left.text \markup { \upright "other span" }
    \startTextSpanTwo
    e,
    \stopTextSpanOne
    \stopTextSpanTwo
}

%%% END %%%

layered-start-stop.png

Trevor.

Reggie <[hidden email]> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote
>> Reggie &lt;
>
>> reegistoop@
>
>> &gt; writes:
>>
>>> Using a David's function to allow layering spanners,
>>
>> I like "a David's function".  It's like describing a caste of priests.
>
> Sorry David :))
> Do you know the solution to my question?

It turns out that the Davids are not entirely interchangeable so let's
see whether another David has a good idea about his code.

Re: Text Spanner ID Layer Spans

Reggie
Trevor Bača-2 wrote

> Hi Reggie,
>
> To layer text spanners with David N.'s new functionality, you must \tweak
> spanner properties rather than overriding them.
>
> %%% BEGIN %%%
>
> \version "2.19.82"
> \include "text-spanner-id.ly"
> {
>     b1
>     - \tweak bound-details.left.text \markup { \upright "rit." }
>     \startTextSpanOne
>     - \tweak bound-details.left.text \markup { \upright "other span" }
>     \startTextSpanTwo
>     e,
>     \stopTextSpanOne
>     \stopTextSpanTwo