Temporary pedal bar

Gert Koetsier

Hello,
How can I add a temporary pedal bar e.g. from measure 14 till 22, in a standard four voice setting for organ.  It would save me a lot of paper space and paging while playing.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Gert Koetsier

Re: Temporary pedal bar

Torsten Hämmerle
Gert Koetsier wrote
> How can I add a temporary pedal bar

Hi Gert,

I suppose you're talking about a temporary stave.
The following snippet should solve your problem:
Adding an extra staff
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/staff-notation#staff-notation-adding-an-extra-staff>

You can create additional staves anywhere by just adding a \new Staff in a
(temporary) parallel context (i.e. in << >>).

HTH,
Torsten

Re: Temporary pedal bar

Lukas-Fabian Moser
Hi Gert,

Am 03.11.18 um 14:18 schrieb Torsten Hämmerle:

> Gert Koetsier wrote
>> How can I add a temporary pedal bar
> Hi Gert,
>
> I suppose you're talking about a temporary stave.
> The following snippet should solve your problem:
> Adding an extra staff
> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/staff-notation#staff-notation-adding-an-extra-staff>
>
> You can create additional staves anywhere by just adding a \new Staff in a
> (temporary) parallel context (i.e. in << >>).

In addition, if you do not mind having the extra staff always for a
whole system (which probably doesn't make much of a difference
space-wise), it's probably even easier to just add an extra staff from
the beginning and use \Remove[All]EmptyStaves:

   \new PianoStaff \with { instrumentName = "Manual" } <<
     \new Staff { \repeat unfold 180 c''4 }
     \new Staff { \clef bass \repeat unfold 180 c4 }

   \new Staff \with {
     instrumentName = "Pedal"
     shortInstrumentName = "Ped."
     \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
     % alternatively, if you want to indicate right from the start the a
pedal staff is coming up somewhere:
     % \RemoveEmptyStaves
   } {
     \clef bass