Template for The Stick?

Vaylor Trucks

I've started learning the Chapman Stick, and I've decided to chart my progress on my blog.  Perfect opporunity for Lilypond to shine (yet again).  I'd like to create a template for printing music for The Stick.  It should have a grand staff (for left and right hand parts) and 2 tab staves - each 5 lines.

I've already figured out how to do 1 staff / custom tab pair, but whenever I try to introduce a second tab staff, the notes end up being rendered on the first one.  Below is my sample.

Any thoughts?

\version "2.6.0"

\header
{
 title = ""
 composer = ""
 meter = ""
}

% ----- STICK -----

sl = \relative c,
{
 \key d \major
 \time 4/4

 d8\1 e\1 fis\1 g\1 a\2 b\2 cis\2 d\2
}

staffl = {
 \set Staff.instrument = #"Stick LH"
 \clef bass
 \context Staff << \sl >>
}

% ----- CHORDS -----

chordline = \chordmode
{
 d1
}

% ----- SCORE -----

\score
  \context ChordNames = chords \chordline
  \context Staff = lower \staffl
  \context TabStaff <<
   \set TabStaff.stringTunings = #'(-24 -17 -10 -3 4)
   \set Staff.instrument = #"Stick LH"
   \sl

 \layout {raggedright = ##t}
 \midi { \tempo 4=120 }

Re: Template for The Stick?

Mats Bengtsson-4
Just use \new TabStaff instead of \context TabStaff to make sure to get
a new one.

   /Mats

Vaylor Trucks wrote:

> I've started learning the Chapman Stick, and I've decided to chart my
> progress on my blog.  Perfect opporunity for Lilypond to shine (yet
> again).  I'd like to create a template for printing music for The
> Stick.  It should have a grand staff (for left and right hand parts)
> and 2 tab staves - each 5 lines.
>

> I've already figured out how to do 1 staff / custom tab pair, but
> whenever I try to introduce a second tab staff, the notes end up being
> rendered on the first one.  Below is my sample.
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> \version "2.6.0"
>
> \header
> {
>  title = ""
>  composer = ""
>  meter = ""
> }
>
> % ----- STICK -----
>
> sl = \relative c,
> {
>  \key d \major
>  \time 4/4
>
>  d8\1 e\1 fis\1 g\1 a\2 b\2 cis\2 d\2
> }
>
> staffl = {
>  \set Staff.instrument = #"Stick LH"
>  \clef bass
>  \context Staff << \sl >>
> }
>

> % ----- CHORDS -----
>
> chordline = \chordmode
> {
>  d1
> }
>
> % ----- SCORE -----
>
> \score
> {
>  <<
>   \context ChordNames = chords \chordline
>   \context Staff = lower \staffl
>   \context TabStaff <<
>    \set TabStaff.stringTunings = #'(-24 -17 -10 -3 4)
>    \set Staff.instrument = #"Stick LH"
>    \sl
>   >>
>  >>
>  \layout {raggedright = ##t}
>  \midi { \tempo 4=120 }

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

RE: Re: Template for The Stick?

Vaylor Trucks

Thanks Mats.  That did the trick.

For anyone else interested, my template for the Chapman Stick is below

> Just use \new TabStaff instead of \context TabStaff to make sure to get
> a new one.
>
>    /Mats

\version "2.6.0"

\header
{
 title = ""
 composer = ""
 meter = ""
}

% ----- STICK -----

sr = \relative c''
{
 \key d \major
 \time 4/4

 d8\4 e\4 fis\4 g\3 a\3 b\3 cis\2 d\2
}

sl = \relative c,
{
 \key d \major
 \time 4/4

 d8\1 e\1 fis\1 g\1 a\2 b\2 cis\2 d\2
}

% ----- CHORDS -----

chordline = \chordmode
{
 d1
}

\score
  \context ChordNames = chords \chordline
  \new Staff <<
   \set Staff.instrument = #"Stick RH"
   \clef treble
   \sr

  \new TabStaff <<
   \set TabStaff.stringTunings = #'(16 11 6 1 -4)