Tabulature?

Balu Stefan-2
I've searched the archives but I couldn't find any good info source...
I have this question:
I there any way I can implement a tab stave in lilyopond? I am not sure that's the calling for it but I will explain...
When you look/print a partiture from GP4 or PowerTab you usually have two staves, clefs or whatever they are called...one on which
you see the notes, the duration of each note, rests ...which is what lilypond can do, and a stave in which you see how to take that note
on the guitar's neck ...(http://www.accessrock.com/images/Slides/sldlik1.gif) ...
Or ...at least, how could I implement something like that in lilypond?

--
Balu Stefan
Technical Engineer

SERVICE PROVIDER SRL
Tel/Fax: +4021-345-3120, 345-3138 / ext 100
e-mail: [hidden email]
www.sprovider.ro

computer.

Re: Tabulature?

Thomas Scharkowski
See the manual:
7.5 Guitar
        7.5.2 Tabulatures basic

Thomas

Re: Tabulature?

John Wiedenhoeft
Am Donnerstag, den 12.01.2006, 10:22 +0200 schrieb Balu Stefan:
> I've searched the archives but I couldn't find any good info source...
> I have this question:
> I there any way I can implement a tab stave in lilyopond? I am not sure that's the calling for it but I will explain...
> When you look/print a partiture from GP4 or PowerTab you usually have two staves, clefs or whatever they are called...one on which
> you see the notes, the duration of each note, rests ...which is what lilypond can do, and a stave in which you see how to take that note
> on the guitar's neck ...(http://www.accessrock.com/images/Slides/sldlik1.gif) ...
> Or ...at least, how could I implement something like that in lilypond?

Why not take a look at the documentation
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond.html#Guitar)?
Thats what docs are made for ;-)

john

Re: Tabulature?

There is a section entitled "Tablatures basic" in the LilyPond manual, did
you look there?

   /Mats

Balu Stefan wrote:

>I've searched the archives but I couldn't find any good info source...
>I have this question:
>I there any way I can implement a tab stave in lilyopond? I am not sure that's the calling for it but I will explain...
>When you look/print a partiture from GP4 or PowerTab you usually have two staves, clefs or whatever they are called...one on which
>you see the notes, the duration of each note, rests ...which is what lilypond can do, and a stave in which you see how to take that note
>on the guitar's neck ...(http://www.accessrock.com/images/Slides/sldlik1.gif) ...
>Or ...at least, how could I implement something like that in lilypond?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Tabulature?

Cameron Horsburgh
Balu Stefan wrote:
> I've searched the archives but I couldn't find any good info source...
> I have this question:
> I there any way I can implement a tab stave in lilyopond? I am not sure that's the calling for it but I will explain...
> When you look/print a partiture from GP4 or PowerTab you usually have two staves, clefs or whatever they are called...one on which
> you see the notes, the duration of each note, rests ...which is what lilypond can do, and a stave in which you see how to take that note
> on the guitar's neck ...(http://www.accessrock.com/images/Slides/sldlik1.gif) ...
> Or ...at least, how could I implement something like that in lilypond?

Is this what you're after?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Guitar.html#Guitar