Tablature positions

Tonio Rush
Hello,

I would like to force a finger position in a tablature for a particular note in a chord, but the "\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #3 " seems to apply to the whole chord.

In this example I would like the b to be in string 3 (g), 4th position.

image.png

I've tried to separate the voices, but if I uncomment "\set TabStaff..." , it applies to all notes :

symbols={
<<
    {e,1}
    {a,1}
    {d1}
%    \set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##t
%    \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #3
    {b1}

}
\score {<< \new Staff { \clef "treble_8" \symbols }\new TabStaff { \symbols }>>}

Thanks
Tonio

Re: Tablature positions

Stig Brautaset
Hi Tonio,

You can use "\finger" to specify specific finger numbering for notes within a chord. Try: "{b1\3}" in your case. See also:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#string-number-indications

Regards,

Stig

Tonio Rush <[hidden email]> writes:

> I would like to force a finger position in a tablature for a particular
> note in a chord, but the "\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #3 " seems to apply
> to the whole chord.
>
> In this example I would like the b to be in string 3 (g), 4th position.
> I've tried to separate the voices, but if I uncomment "\set TabStaff..." ,
> it applies to all notes :
>
> symbols={
> <<
>     {e,1}
>     {a,1}
>     {d1}
> %    \set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##t
> %    \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #3
>     {b1}
>>>
> }
> \score {<< \new Staff { \clef "treble_8" \symbols }\new TabStaff { \symbols
> }>>}
>

> Thanks
> Tonio

Re: Tablature positions

Anthony Rushforth
Hello Stig,

I've posted this mail twice by mistake, I have the answer now : https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00417.html
It's what you recommend, with \omit Staff.StringNumber

I searched I read the document multiple times but I didn't understand that finger numbering applied also to tablature.

Thanks
Tonio

Le lun. 1 avr. 2019 à 15:35, Anthony Rushforth <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hello Stig,

I've posted this mail first by mistake, I have the answer now : https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00417.html
It's what you recommend, with \omit Staff.StringNumber

When I searched I read the document multiple times but I didn't understand that finger numbering applied also to tablature.

Thanks
Tonio