SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Hi there,

In the example bellow :
Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket push the BarNumber up?
Probably rather :
Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket register in the skylines?

\version "2.21.0"

\layout {
  \override Score.BarNumber.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1
}
\new StaffGroup {\set Score.currentBarNumber = #300 \bar "" 4}

Of course I could raise the BarNumber.padding but that would be a work
around *and* would apply to all BarNumbers.

Thanks
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier

BarNumberStaffGroup-01.png (30K) Download Attachment
BarNumberStaffGroup-01.ly (290 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

Federico Bruni-2
Hi Pierre-Luc

Known bug, see;

Il giorno gio 1 nov 2018 alle 18:06, Pierre-Luc Gauthier
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi there,
>
> In the example bellow :
> Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket push the BarNumber up?
> Probably rather :
> Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket register in the skylines?
>
> \version "2.21.0"
>
> \layout {
>   \override Score.BarNumber.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
>   \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1
> }
> \new StaffGroup {\set Score.currentBarNumber = #300 \bar "" 4}
>

> Of course I could raise the BarNumber.padding but that would be a work
> around *and* would apply to all BarNumbers.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Pierre-Luc Gauthier

Re: SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Hi Federico,

Indeed, I should have seen this bug before posting.

Yes, an \override of BarNumber.Y-offset of e.g. 4 is an acceptable
solution but what about BarNumbers not located at the beginning of a
system?
Is there a way to workaround only the first bar displayed at the
beginning of a system and not others?

m.w.e.g. :

\version "2.19.0"

\layout {
  \override Score.BarNumber.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1
  \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = ##(#t #t #t)
  \override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = 4
}
\new StaffGroup {\set Score.currentBarNumber = #300 \bar "" 1 1}
Le sam. 3 nov. 2018 à 06:16, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Pierre-Luc
>
> Known bug, see;
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/2313/
>

> Il giorno gio 1 nov 2018 alle 18:06, Pierre-Luc Gauthier
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > In the example bellow :
> > Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket push the BarNumber up?
> > Probably rather :
> > Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket register in the skylines?
> >
> > \version "2.21.0"
> >
> > \layout {
> >   \override Score.BarNumber.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
> >   \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1
> > }
> > \new StaffGroup {\set Score.currentBarNumber = #300 \bar "" 4}
> >

> > Of course I could raise the BarNumber.padding but that would be a work
> > around *and* would apply to all BarNumbers.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Pierre-Luc Gauthier

Pierre-Luc Gauthier

BarNumberStaffGroup-02.ly (430 bytes) Download Attachment
BarNumberStaffGroup-02.png (55K) Download Attachment

Re: SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

SoundsFromSound

[hidden email] ha scritto:
Hi there,

In the example bellow :
Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket push the BarNumber up?
Probably rather :
Why doesn't the SystemStartBracket register in the skylines?

\version "2.21.0"

\layout {
  \override Score.BarNumber.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1
}
\new StaffGroup {\set Score.currentBarNumber = #300 \bar "" 4}

Of course I could raise the BarNumber.padding but that would be a work
around *and* would apply to all BarNumbers.

Thanks
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier

Is this what you mean?
(see attached)

\version "2.19.0"

\layout {
  \override Score.BarNumber.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1
  \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = ##(#t #t #t)
  \override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = 4
}
\new StaffGroup {\set Score.currentBarNumber = #300 \bar "" 1
                 \override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = 0
                 1}

bar.png (21K) Download Attachment
composer | sound designer | asmr artist

skylines.png (23K) Download Attachment
composer | sound designer | asmr artist

Re: SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Hi Ben,

Le mer. 7 nov. 2018 à 12:57, Ben <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Is this what you mean?
> \revert Score.BarNumber.Y-offset

Yes.
But how could I know what bar is at the beginning of a system over 65+
pages of score ?
Making whatever change in the score could move the music pretty much
anywhere (not talking about some multiple staff parts that are also
concerned with this issue).

--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier

Re: SystemStartBracket and BarNumber collision

Aaron Hill
On 2018-11-07 10:10 am, Pierre-Luc Gauthier wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Le mer. 7 nov. 2018 à 12:57, Ben <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Is this what you mean?
>> \revert Score.BarNumber.Y-offset
>
> Yes.
> But how could I know what bar is at the beginning of a system over 65+
> pages of score ?
> Making whatever change in the score could move the music pretty much
> anywhere (not talking about some multiple staff parts that are also
> concerned with this issue).

%%%%
   \override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = #(lambda (grob)
     (if (eqv? 1 (ly:item-break-dir grob)) 4 0))
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill