Syntax to unset avoid-slur by default

Maximilian Albert
Hi,

in answer to Graham's request a couple of days ago I agreed to add the
avoid-slur settings to scm/script.scm. When it came to Gregorian chant, I
thought it might be best to leave the value unset by default for those scripts
(since slurs don't make sense in chant anyway, do they?). My moderate knowledge
of scheme seems to imply that

  (avoid-slur . nil)

the right way to do that. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Max

Re: Syntax to unset avoid-slur by default

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Maximilian Albert escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> in answer to Graham's request a couple of days ago I agreed to add the
> avoid-slur settings to scm/script.scm. When it came to Gregorian chant, I
> thought it might be best to leave the value unset by default for those scripts
> (since slurs don't make sense in chant anyway, do they?). My moderate knowledge
> of scheme seems to imply that
>
>   (avoid-slur . nil)
>
> the right way to do that. Is this correct?

No, just leave it out. Or use

  (avoid-slur . #f)

nil is LISP. Lily uses Scheme.

LilyPond Software Design