Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Malte Meyn-3
Hi list,

the example on http://lilypond.org/examples.html#Customized-Output is
missing: http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/stockhausen-klavierstueckII.png
is not found.

Cheers,
Malte

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Phil Holmes
"Malte Meyn" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi list,
>
> the example on http://lilypond.org/examples.html#Customized-Output is
> missing: http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/stockhausen-klavierstueckII.png
> is not found.
>
> Cheers,
> Malte

I think Werner must have changed the name with his recent update.  It's now
there as http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/Stockhausen_Klavierstueck2.png

--
Phil Holmes

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Werner LEMBERG

> the example on http://lilypond.org/examples.html#Customized-Output is
> missing:
> http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/stockhausen-klavierstueckII.png is not
> found.

Hmm, weird.  I've renamed it in a recent commit for orthogonality with
other examples.  The old name is

  http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/Stockhausen_Klavierstueck2.png

and this file is present.

How comes that the HTML code from

  http://lilypond.org/examples.html

is sensitive to recent changes in `staging' or `master' without
updating the images?  For example, the Schenker graph image is still
the one coming with 2.19.83.

This definitely looks like a bug.

    Werner

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Phil Holmes
"Werner LEMBERG" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>> the example on http://lilypond.org/examples.html#Customized-Output is
>> missing:
>> http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/stockhausen-klavierstueckII.png is not
>> found.
>
> Hmm, weird.  I've renamed it in a recent commit for orthogonality with
> other examples.  The old name is
>
>  http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/Stockhausen_Klavierstueck2.png
>
> and this file is present.
>
> How comes that the HTML code from
>
>  http://lilypond.org/examples.html
>
> is sensitive to recent changes in `staging' or `master' without
> updating the images?  For example, the Schenker graph image is still
> the one coming with 2.19.83.
>
> This definitely looks like a bug.

See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/uploading-and-security

It's a long time since I did this, but I think to update the example
pictures, you have to create updated versions locally, push them to the
lilypond-extra repo and then pull those on the website and copy them to the
web directory.

--
Phil Holmes

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Werner LEMBERG
>> How comes that the HTML code from
>>
>>  http://lilypond.org/examples.html
>>
>> is sensitive to recent changes in `staging' or `master' without
>> updating the images?  For example, the Schenker graph image is
>> still the one coming with 2.19.83.
>>
>> This definitely looks like a bug.
>
> See
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/uploading-and-security

Thanks.

> It's a long time since I did this, but I think to update the example
> pictures, you have to create updated versions locally, push them to
> the lilypond-extra repo and then pull those on the website and copy
> them to the web directory.

OK.  However, my main question is why this happened at all.  IMHO, the
web site should *not* be automatically influenced by changes in the
git repository!

Am I wrong?

    Werner

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Werner LEMBERG

>> It's a long time since I did this, but I think to update the
>> example pictures, you have to create updated versions locally, push
>> them to the lilypond-extra repo and then pull those on the website
>> and copy them to the web directory.
>
> OK.  However, my main question is why this happened at all.  IMHO,
> the web site should *not* be automatically influenced by changes in
> the git repository!
>
> Am I wrong?

OK, I'm wrong.  I read that the HTML part of the website gets rebuilt
hourly by a cronjob.  Now I know, and sorry for the mess.

Phil, could you fix this single image file easily?

    Werner

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Phil Holmes
"Werner LEMBERG" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>>> It's a long time since I did this, but I think to update the
>>> example pictures, you have to create updated versions locally, push
>>> them to the lilypond-extra repo and then pull those on the website
>>> and copy them to the web directory.
>>
>> OK.  However, my main question is why this happened at all.  IMHO,
>> the web site should *not* be automatically influenced by changes in
>> the git repository!
>>
>> Am I wrong?
>
> OK, I'm wrong.  I read that the HTML part of the website gets rebuilt
> hourly by a cronjob.  Now I know, and sorry for the mess.
>
> Phil, could you fix this single image file easily?

There are actually 2 files needed - the standard one and the -small one -
and I don't remember how they're created - I don't have my "lilypond" PC on
now, but perhaps make doc might make them?

See https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra/tree/master/ly-examples

If you can get the 2 updated files to me, I can shepherd them through the
system.

--
Phil Holmes

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Werner LEMBERG
> There are actually 2 files needed - the standard one and the -small
> one - and I don't remember how they're created - I don't have my
> "lilypond" PC on now, but perhaps make doc might make them?
>
> See https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra/tree/master/ly-examples
>
> If you can get the 2 updated files to me, I can shepherd them through
> the system.

I'll send them to you privately.

    Werner

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Phil Holmes
"Werner LEMBERG" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>> There are actually 2 files needed - the standard one and the -small
>> one - and I don't remember how they're created - I don't have my
>> "lilypond" PC on now, but perhaps make doc might make them?
>>
>> See https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra/tree/master/ly-examples
>>
>> If you can get the 2 updated files to me, I can shepherd them through
>> the system.
>
> I'll send them to you privately.
>

>    Werner

Now fixed.

--
Phil Holmes

Re: Stockhausen example on the website is missing

Werner LEMBERG

>> I'll send them to you privately.
>
> Now fixed.

Thanks a lot!