Still Have convert-ly Questions/Problems.

Still Have convert-ly Questions/Problems.

Ted Stanion
I managed to get 'convert-ly' version 2.8.1 to run in Cygwin
by doing the following:

1) I have Cygwin LilyPond 2.6.4 installed. This was installed
   in the default location using the 'setup' program.
2) I have Windows Lilypond 2.8.1 installed in the directory
   c:\nobackup\LilyPond.
3) I copied the convert-ly.py script from c:\nobackup\LilyPond\usr\bin
   in Windows world to /usr/bin in Cygwin world.
4) I copied c:\nobackup\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current to
   /usr/share/lilypond/current.

The script seems to run, but stops at conversion 2.7.40 and leaves
the line \version "2.7.40" in the new file. (It started as "2.6.0".)
Is this the expected outcome or should it have continued further?

Ted

Re: Still Have convert-ly Questions/Problems.

Father Geoffrey Horton
> The script seems to run, but stops at conversion 2.7.40 and leaves
> the line \version "2.7.40" in the new file. (It started as "2.6.0".)
> Is this the expected outcome or should it have continued further?

There weren't any syntax changes after 2.7.40, so that's what
convert-ly codes in the \version line. See 5.6 in the manual.

Geoff

Re: Still Have convert-ly Questions/Problems.

A much  better solution is to download and install the Windows version
of Python from www.python.org and then add it at the beginning of your
PATH, either by doing set PATH="C:\Program Files\Python2.4;%PATH%
in the command shell before running convert-ly
or by doing it once and for all by right-clicking on My Computer
-> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment variables

Then, you can run convert-ly directly at an ordinary command prompt.

   /Mats

Quoting Ted Stanion <[hidden email]>:

> I managed to get 'convert-ly' version 2.8.1 to run in Cygwin
> by doing the following:
>
> 1) I have Cygwin LilyPond 2.6.4 installed. This was installed
>   in the default location using the 'setup' program.
> 2) I have Windows Lilypond 2.8.1 installed in the directory
>   c:\nobackup\LilyPond.
> 3) I copied the convert-ly.py script from c:\nobackup\LilyPond\usr\bin
>   in Windows world to /usr/bin in Cygwin world.
> 4) I copied c:\nobackup\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current to
>   /usr/share/lilypond/current.
>
> The script seems to run, but stops at conversion 2.7.40 and leaves
> the line \version "2.7.40" in the new file. (It started as "2.6.0".)
> Is this the expected outcome or should it have continued further?
>
> Ted

Re: Still Have convert-ly Questions/Problems.

Ted Stanion
I tried this and it works for in a DOS command prompt. It failed the same way in
my bash shell - it seems to want to use the python installed for Cygwin. Still,
this is a better solution to what I was doing.

Thanks,
Ted