Staff size and font names

Basil Crow
In the following sample:

  % change for other default global staff size.
  myStaffSize = #20

  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree "Minion Pro" "Myriad Pro" "Courier" (/
myStaffSize 20)))

what is the relevance of the "  myStaffSize = #20" line in relation to
selecting font names. I don't quite understand how they go together.

Thanks,
Basil

Re: Staff size and font names

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
In my limited experimentation they are relational to each other.  I.E.
the larger the staff size the large in relation to that size are the
fonts used.
Jay

Basil Crow wrote:

> In the following sample:
>
>  % change for other default global staff size.
>  myStaffSize = #20
>
>  #(define fonts
>    (make-pango-font-tree "Minion Pro" "Myriad Pro" "Courier" (/
> myStaffSize 20)))
>
> what is the relevance of the "  myStaffSize = #20" line in relation to
> selecting font names. I don't quite understand how they go together.
>
> Thanks,
> Basil

Jay Hamilton
Sound and Silence