Sponsorship question; pdf files; captions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sponsorship question; pdf files; captions

Linda Seltzer
Happy New Year Friends,

Sponsorship
I tried to send e-mail to the sponsorship address and received an error
message.  Could someone please post information on sponsorship,
particular, the amount in US dollars, with information on paying by check
by U.S. air mail rather than paypal (last time I tried paypal it didn't
work and I received the error message weeks later with no reason given as
to why it didn't work).

PDF files
I haven't received replies on this, but one question I have is: what is
the difrerence between Adobe Acrobat and the reader that comes with a
Windows PC?  Does Acrobat provide the capability to convert a file from
.pdf format to a format that is readable as a picture in Microsoft word?
I also need to be able to specify the length of the picture.

CAPTIONS
In most textbooks in the US, the caption is *below* the musical example,
so the advice that I place the acption above the example is not useful.
Also, installing another editor is too much of a hassle.  Life is short
and I need user-friendly solutions that are quick and easy.


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sponsorship question; pdf files; captions

Mats Bengtsson-6
Linda Seltzer wrote:

>PDF files
>I haven't received replies on this, but one question I have is: what is
>the difrerence between Adobe Acrobat and the reader that comes with a
>Windows PC?  Does Acrobat provide the capability to convert a file from
>.pdf format to a format that is readable as a picture in Microsoft word?
>I also need to be able to specify the length of the picture.
>  
>

I'm not sure what you mean. Microsoft does not supply any
PDF reader, so if you had one on your machine when you
bought it, it must be the free Adobe Acrobat reader.
Of course, Adobe have an expensive version of Acrobat
as well, that can play some more tricks.
If I remember correctly, you can mark and copy a picture,
from a PDF file into MS Word also using the free reader.



>CAPTIONS
>In most textbooks in the US, the caption is *below* the musical example,
>so the advice that I place the acption above the example is not useful.
>Also, installing another editor is too much of a hassle.  Life is short
>and I need user-friendly solutions that are quick and easy.
>  
>
If you just want to add one or a few lines of text below each
musical example, you can easily do it in a plain .ly file, as has
already been shown in a previous answer to your question
on captions. Just do something like
\score{
  ...
}
\markup{Here comes some text after the first piece }

\score{
  ...
}
\markup{Some more text }

However, if you want to typeset a text document that contains
a number of musical examples, then I would propose to use
lilypond-book together with LaTeX.

   /Mats



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sponsorship question; pdf files; captions

Trevor Bača-2
In reply to this post by Linda Seltzer
On 1/2/06, Linda Seltzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Happy New Year Friends,
>
> Sponsorship
> I tried to send e-mail to the sponsorship address and received an error
> message.  Could someone please post information on sponsorship,
> particular, the amount in US dollars, with information on paying by check
> by U.S. air mail rather than paypal (last time I tried paypal it didn't
> work and I received the error message weeks later with no reason given as
> to why it didn't work).

Happy new year Linda,

Maybe you could mail Han-Wen directly at [hidden email] and ask
about sponsorship and pricing?


--
Trevor Bača
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user