Spacing within same staff group

Jannik Jeppesen
Hi, can anyone tell me why the spacing is so big between the first and second staff in this sheet? I want it to be as between staff 2 and 3.
Thanx alot...
\jannik
---
\version "2.8.0"

\paper {
  tagline = ""
  indent = 0\cm
}
\layout{
  \context{
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

\new RhythmicStaff {
       \time 2/4
       \partial 4 c4 |
       \repeat volta 2
       { c4 c8 c | c8 c c4 |c8 c c c | c2 |
         c16 c c c c8 c | c4 c16 c c c |c8 c c c }
       \alternative { { c4 c16 c c c }  { c4 c } }

      \repeat volta 2
      { c8 c c16 c c c | c16 c c c c4 | c4 c8 c | c16 c c c c4 |
      c16 c c c c4 | c16 c c c c4 | c16 c c c c8 c }
      \alternative { { c8 c c16 c c c } { c2  } }  \bar "|."
}
---

PrimaVista 4.pdf (57K) Download Attachment

Re: Spacing within same staff group

Father Geoffrey Horton
Add this to your \paper block:

annotate-space = ##t

That will show you what LilyPond thinks is going into each space.
Unfortunately, it doesn't help in this case, because the extra space
between the first and second staves isn't labelled with anything. This
makes me wonder if you haven't found a real live bug.

Geoff

Re: Spacing within same staff group

Father Geoffrey Horton
> annotate-space = ##t

Sorry, that should be annotate-spacing = ##t

Geoff

Re: Spacing within same staff group

Jannik Jeppesen
Hey... It worked... I entered
between-system-space = 10\mm
And It now looks perfekt...
Thanx alot mate.
\Jannik

> Does this mean that it can not be corrected...? it seems weird that this
> has
> not been seen before...?

It just means that I don't know how to fix it. Someone else might.

> Is there then any other way for me to make this sheet, in a more correct
> way?

You could try increasing the distance between all the staffs by adding
this to your \paper block:

between-system-space = 10\mm

and then changing the 10 to see if the spacing becomes consistent at some
point.

Geoff