Spacing in clef changes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spacing in clef changes

Jean ABOU SAMRA
Hi Squad,

The output of this code is rather disappointing.

\version "2.21.0"

{
   r2.
   r4
   \clef bass
   R1
}

The second rest is much too close to the clef that follows it.

This can be improved using:

  \once \override Score.Clef.X-extent = #'(-0.8 . 2)

But in general, mid-staff clefs should have a little more extra
space around them. This doesn't just occur with rests. Consider:

{
   r2.
   g'4
   \clef treble
   R1
}


Please tell me if you open an issue (I would like to follow the ticket).

Regards,

Jean Abou Samra


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spacing in clef changes

Valentin Villenave-3
On 3/19/20, Jean Abou Samra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please tell me if you open an issue (I would like to follow the ticket).

Hi Jean,
you may want to open it yourself; you could tag it as "Defect" (I
believe "Ugly" would be a bit strong -- there once was an
"Engraving_nitpick" tag that would have been perfect, but it doesn’t
seem to have survived the migration to Allura…)

Ideally someone with access to Gould or other engraving treaties could
chime in and tell us what’s what regarding mid-staff clef changes.
Anyone?

Cheers,
V.

_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[2]: Spacing in clef changes

Trevor Daniels
Valentin, you wrote 24/03/2020 22:35:05

>Hi Jean,
>you may want to open it yourself; you could tag it as "Defect" (I
>believe "Ugly" would be a bit strong -- there once was an
>"Engraving_nitpick" tag that would have been perfect, but it doesn’t
>seem to have survived the migration to Allura…)
As a special encouragement to Jean I've added it :)

Trevor
_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spacing in clef changes

Jean ABOU SAMRA
Hi,

Le 24/03/2020 à 23:54, Trevor a écrit :

> Valentin, you wrote 24/03/2020 22:35:05
>
>> Hi Jean,
>> you may want to open it yourself; you could tag it as "Defect" (I
>> believe "Ugly" would be a bit strong -- there once was an
>> "Engraving_nitpick" tag that would have been perfect, but it doesn’t
>> seem to have survived the migration to Allura…)
> As a special encouragement to Jean I've added it :)
>
> Trevor

Thanks for your encouragement!

This is now https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5866/ .

Le 24/03/2020 à 23:35, Valentin Villenave a écrit :
> Ideally someone with access to Gould or other engraving treaties could
> chime in and tell us what’s what regarding mid-staff clef changes.
> Anyone?
At the Internals page regarding clefs,
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/clef, you can read:

"Rules for this spacing are much more complicated than this. See
[Wanske] page 126–134, [Ross] page 143–147."

Does anyone have access to those?

Best,

Jean Abou Samra

_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond