Spaces in filenames don't work with -danti-alias-factor option

Spaces in filenames don't work with -danti-alias-factor option

Chris Snyder-5
When LilyPond is called with the -danti-alias-factor option (for PNG
output), the scaling stage fails if the filename contains spaces. For
example:

--
 >> lilypond --png -danti-alias-factor=2 "Test file.ly"
GNU LilyPond 2.14.2
Processing `Test file.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `Test file.ps'...
Converting to PNG...pngtopnm:
/home/csnyder/lilypond/versions/2.14.2/lilypond/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0:
no version information available (required by pngtopnm)
usage:  pngtopnm [-verbose] [-alpha | -mix] [-background color] ...
              ... [-gamma value] [-text file] [-time] [pngfile]
GS exited with status: 256
--

[The version information warning can be ignored (I think) - it is always
displayed when generating PNG's with an anti-alias-factor, including

After the failed run, there are some files left over: "Test file.ps",
"Test file.png.old", and "Test".

This only happens when the filename contains spaces and
anti-alias-factor != 1. It looks like this is a simple fix - quote the
filename where pngtopnm is called in ps-to-png.scm. I'd contribute a
patch, but I'm not sure how to best quote filenames - simply adding
quotes around the filename still presents problems with filenames
containing quotes.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Snyder
Adoro Music Publishing

Re: Spaces in filenames don't work with -danti-alias-factor option

Phil Holmes
"Chris Snyder" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> When LilyPond is called with the -danti-alias-factor option (for PNG
> output), the scaling stage fails if the filename contains spaces. For
> example:

For the record, Colin added this as

Phil Holmes
Bug Squad