Space before barline

Andrew Bernard
OK. This is the magic to make space after the barline.

    \override BarLine.space-alist.next-note = #'(semi-fixed-space . 5)

But how does one get space between the last note in a bar and the barline? There's a large number of combinations to try and I can't find anything that works - although I am sure it's there somewhere.

Andrew

Re: Space before barline

Lukas-Fabian Moser
Hi Andrew,

Am 20.01.19 um 07:52 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
> OK. This is the magic to make space after the barline.
>
>     \override BarLine.space-alist.next-note = #'(semi-fixed-space . 5)
>
> But how does one get space between the last note in a bar and the
> barline? There's a large number of combinations to try and I can't
> find anything that works - although I am sure it's there somewhere.

Did you try

\override Score.BarLine.X-extent = #'(-5 . 0)

?

(I've also used this with a positive number instead of 0 to get more
space to the right of the bar line, but then one has to \revert this to
get a normal-looking bar line at the end of the piece. So thanks for
your solution, which was new to me.)

Best
Lukas