Slurs in barless music

Don Blaheta
This is a problem I've been banging on for a while now, but this time
I've been able to narrow it down.  It seems that if the Bar_engraver is
removed, Lilypond runs into problems rendering that span lines.  The
following code renders fine:

    \new Voice \relative c' {
      e f g a(
      \break
      e) f g a
    }
    \layout {
      \context {
        \Staff
        %\remove "Bar_engraver"

but if you uncomment that line, it will spit out a bunch of error
messages ("programming error: slur attachment is inf/nan; continuing,
cross fingers") and render the slur totally wrong.  Is this me not
understanding what Bar_engraver is supposed to be doing, or is it a bug?

--
-=-Don Blaheta-=-=-[hidden email]-=-=-=-<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
"Genes don't say "eek!"  They mostly just sit there and be transcribed."

Re: Slurs in barless music

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Don Blaheta wrote:

> This is a problem I've been banging on for a while now, but this time
> I've been able to narrow it down.  It seems that if the Bar_engraver is
> removed, Lilypond runs into problems rendering that span lines.  The
> following code renders fine:
>
>   \version "2.7.33"
>   \score {
>     \new Voice \relative c' {
>       e f g a(
>       \break
>       e) f g a
>     }
>     \layout {
>       \context {
>         \Staff
>         %\remove "Bar_engraver"
>       }
>     }
>   }
>
> but if you uncomment that line, it will spit out a bunch of error
> messages ("programming error: slur attachment is inf/nan; continuing,
> cross fingers") and render the slur totally wrong.  Is this me not
> understanding what Bar_engraver is supposed to be doing, or is it a bug?

thanks. Fixed.