Single digit double time signature

Cantus Ornatus
Hi everyone.
Typesetting mensural music I often find double time signatures with a single digit like C 3, O 3, and so on.

Is it possible modifying the standard double time signature syntax in order to have such a layout (second page)?

Thanks in advance,
F.

Re: Single digit double time signature

Torsten Hämmerle
Cantus Ornatus wrote
> Is it possible modifying the standard double time signature syntax in
> order
> to have such a layout?

Hi F.,

You can change the time signature style to single-digit:
  \override Staff.TimeSignature.style = #'single-digit
That way, only the numerator will be printed.

Other style possibilities are #'mensural or #'neomensural for special
mensural glyphs.

HTH,
Torsten

Re: Single digit double time signature

Aaron Hill
On 2018-09-13 6:49 am, Cantus Ornatus wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> Typesetting mensural music I often find double time signatures with a
> single digit like C 3, O 3, and so on.
>
> Is it possible modifying the standard double time signature syntax in
> order
> to have such a layout (second page)?
>
> https://goo.gl/FBm2UL

Assuming "C 3" is intended to mean "4+3/4", then you can use
\compoundMeter to set the time signature and then override its visual
appearance.  Perhaps something like this:

%%%%
\version "2.19.82"
<< {
   \override Staff.TimeSignature.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
   \override Staff.TimeSignature.text = \markup \concat {
     \musicglyph "timesig.C44" \hspace #1
     \lower #1 \musicglyph "three" }
   \compoundMeter #'(4 3 4)
   e'2 g'4 e' d' e'2
} >>
%%%%

Note that I used the "normal" time symbol "C" as opposed to the mensural
version.  I think it looks better next to the numeric three, but you can
use any of the glyphs in the font.  Or really whatever you want, since
you have the full power of markup there.

-- Aaron Hill

compoundmensural.cropped.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Single digit double time signature

Jean Bréfort

You might try something like:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'text = \markup {\musicglyph #"timesig.C44" \lower #0.9 \bold \large "3"}
\time 3/2

Hope this jelps,
Jean

Le jeudi 13 septembre 2018 à 15:49 +0200, Cantus Ornatus a écrit :

> Hi everyone.
> Typesetting mensural music I often find double time signatures with a
> single digit like C 3, O 3, and so on.
>
> Is it possible modifying the standard double time signature syntax in
> order to have such a layout (second page)?
>
> https://goo.gl/FBm2UL
>
> Thanks in advance,
> F.

Re: Single digit double time signature