Shaped notes

Eduardo Vieira
Hello developers,

I have some remarks about the shaped notes feature in Lilypond:
It would be nice if the black shaped noteheads would have the same width as the
round "so". The round note is noticebly smaller than the other shaped
noteheads, which doesn't look nice. The withe notes (whole, and half notes)
doesn't seem to have this imperfection, looks like that the round note has the
same width as the other ones.
My suggestion is to make the other black shaped notes with the same length as
the normal round ones. That is what other programs that feature shaped notes
have. It also helps with the tight spacing that we many times have to apply in
making hymns.

With best regards,

Eduardo

Re: Shaped notes

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Eduardo Vieira wrote:

> Hello developers,
>
> I have some remarks about the shaped notes feature in Lilypond:
> It would be nice if the black shaped noteheads would have the same width as the
> round "so". The round note is noticebly smaller than the other shaped
> noteheads, which doesn't look nice. The withe notes (whole, and half notes)
> doesn't seem to have this imperfection, looks like that the round note has the
> same width as the other ones.
> My suggestion is to make the other black shaped notes with the same length as
> the normal round ones. That is what other programs that feature shaped notes
> have. It also helps with the tight spacing that we many times have to apply in
> making hymns.
>
> With best regards,

Hi, I've tuned down the width for solfa notes in 2.7 CVS.