Search box searches in 2.19

Francisco Vila
Hello all,

Search box on front page, shouldn't it look in 2.20 by default?

Patch attached.
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

0001-Web-search-in-2.20-by-default.patch (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Search box searches in 2.19

Valentin Villenave-3
On 4/7/20, Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Search box on front page, shouldn't it look in 2.20 by default?

Well, 2.20 docs haven’t been indexed yet (I’ve spent quite a few
minutes trying to get some search engines to pay us a visit, but I
guess the robots’ll drop by whenever they feel like it). So, that
would only return empty search results for now:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alilypond.org%2Fdoc%2Fv2.20+test

(That’s yet another instance where having Google proprietary tools
embedded on the website could have helped us, and yet doesn’t at all.)

V.

Re: Search box searches in 2.19

Han-Wen Nienhuys-3
On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 9:31 AM Valentin Villenave
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/7/20, Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Search box on front page, shouldn't it look in 2.20 by default?
>
> Well, 2.20 docs haven’t been indexed yet (I’ve spent quite a few
> minutes trying to get some search engines to pay us a visit, but I
> guess the robots’ll drop by whenever they feel like it). So, that
> would only return empty search results for now:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alilypond.org%2Fdoc%2Fv2.20+test

I get many results for "site:lilypond.org/doc/v2.20 music"