Sample files

Mansour Aoun
Hello Lilypond community,

I'm an absolute beginner, I watched the full playlist on youtube and read a
fair amount of the manual yet it is all fragmented in my head now. I just
would like to see how the structure of a finished file would look like,
specifically a multi-staves score. I've searched on the website but I found
the graphic results of such files, not the actual code.

Thanks in advance!
Mansour

Mansour Aoun

Re: Sample files

Lukas-Fabian Moser
Hi Mansour,

Am 21.11.18 um 20:39 schrieb mansouraoun:

> Hello Lilypond community,
>
> I'm an absolute beginner, I watched the full playlist on youtube and read a
> fair amount of the manual yet it is all fragmented in my head now. I just
> would like to see how the structure of a finished file would look like,
> specifically a multi-staves score. I've searched on the website but I found
> the graphic results of such files, not the actual code.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Mansour

One very simple example (which you could extend easily):

\version "2.18.2"

Soprano = \relative c' {
   c4 d e2
   \bar "|."
}
\addlyrics {
   This is great!
}

Bass = \relative g {
   \clef bass
   f4 e8( d) a2
}
\addlyrics {
   Well well well
}

\new ChoirStaff <<
   \new Staff \Soprano
   \new Staff \Bass

Re: Sample files

Karlin High
On 11/21/2018 1:39 PM, mansouraoun wrote:
> I just
> would like to see how the structure of a finished file would look like,
> specifically a multi-staves score. I've searched on the website but I found
> the graphic results of such files, not the actual code.

You found the graphic results in the manuals? You can click the graphics
and the code generating them will be displayed.

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/multiple-staves>
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/11/lily-906d6897.png>
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/11/lily-906d6897.ly>
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA

Re: Sample files

Karlin High
> On 11/21/2018 1:39 PM, mansouraoun wrote:
>> I just
>> would like to see how the structure of a finished file would look like
Also see the "Templates" section in the Learning Manual.

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/templates>

There are multi-staff templates for several different styles of music,
including piano, string quartet, vocal ensemble, and orchestra.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA

Re: Sample files

Mansour Aoun
Thanks for your quick replies!

The references you sent will help me a lot. What I would love to see is a
finished complex score code with score blocks, just to observe how it was
done so I can fit all the separate lessons that I learned into place, like
those:
http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/cary.png
<http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/cary.png>
http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/orchestra.png
<http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/orchestra.png>

Are there any depository for such scores?

Thanks!

Mansour

Mansour Aoun

Re: Sample files

Urs Liska-3

Am 21.11.18 um 23:18 schrieb mansouraoun:

> Thanks for your quick replies!
>
> The references you sent will help me a lot. What I would love to see is a
> finished complex score code with score blocks, just to observe how it was
> done so I can fit all the separate lessons that I learned into place, like
> those:
> http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/cary.png
> <http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/cary.png>
> http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/orchestra.png
> <http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/orchestra.png>
>
> Are there any depository for such scores?

I'm pretty sure these example scores are generated from some code, but I
don't recall off the top of my hat where they are stored. But you may
want to have a look at http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ which provides
lots of scores of various complexity, as PDF *and* .ly files.

HTH
Urs

> Thanks!
>
> Mansour
>

> --
> Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/User-f3.html

Re: Sample files

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno mer 21 nov 2018 alle 23:18, mansouraoun
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Thanks for your quick replies!
>
> The references you sent will help me a lot. What I would love to see
> is a
> finished complex score code with score blocks, just to observe how it
> was
> done so I can fit all the separate lessons that I learned into place,
> like
> those:
> http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/cary.png
> <http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/cary.png>
> http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/orchestra.png
> <http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/orchestra.png>
>
> Are there any depository for such scores?

You can find them here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/Documentation/ly-examples

We discussed in the past about adding the sources in the website, but
IIRC some thought that some examples may be too complex and might scare
away new users.