SVG icons for use in Frescobaldi

Urs Liska
Hi all,

I'm working on adding openLilyLib support for Frescobaldi. Right now I
have a problem adding an icon file, and I don't have any clue what the
problem is.

Take the attached SVG files. Both can conveniently be opened in an image
viewer or browser or whatever. But when loaded as an icon in Frescobaldi
the openlilylib.svg isn't displayed. Instead lots of warnings like

link glyph0-1 hasn't been detected!
link glyph1-1 hasn't been detected!
link glyph2-1 hasn't been detected!
link glyph2-2 hasn't been detected!
link glyph2-3 hasn't been detected!

are displayed.

I've created the SVG in Inkscape after opening a PDF and converting all
glyphs to paths. The "missing" IDs are well present in the file, but
obviously don't work properly when loaded as a PyQt icon.

I have no idea where this comes from and would be extremely glad about
any pointers or an updated/fixed SVG file.

Best

Urs

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org

lilypond-run.svg (16K) Download Attachment
openlilylib.svg (14K) Download Attachment

Re: SVG icons for use in Frescobaldi

Urs Liska

This is not only to bump the issue but to add to it.

I would like to display icons for openLilyLib packages in Frescobaldi's (WIP) package list (see attached screenshot if this message is actually let through to the list). My idea is to look into the package for an icon and display a default if there isn't a specific one. I've faked this in the screenshot by simply picking two random existing icons from the Frescobaldi code.

As I'm really not good at it I'd be happy if someone could create a nice default icon (SVG) that can be used as a "generic openLilyLib package" icon. (If this person or another would be interested there could of course also be icons for the different packages as well).

Best
Urs

Am 23.05.2017 um 11:44 schrieb Urs Liska:
[...]

oll-interface.png (90K) Download Attachment