Repeating the midi sound?

Jannik Jeppesen
Hi
is there some code, so i can repeat the midi sound, so it will go on and on til stopped?

And. Is it possible to create 2 midi files from one document if there are 2 drumstaff´s in the doc?

Thanks.

Jannik

Re: Repeating the midi sound?

Erik Sandberg
On Sunday 06 November 2005 20.07, Jannik Jeppesen wrote:
> Hi
> is there some code, so i can repeat the midi sound, so it will go on and on
> til stopped?

I don't understand what you mean, but you may want to read about the
\repeat unfold
command in the manual.

> And. Is it possible to create 2 midi files from one document if there are 2
> drumstaff´s in the doc?

You can create two separate \score blocks, one for each drumstaff:
staffA = {...}
staffB = {...}
% this block creates paper output
  \staffA
  \staffB

\layout{}
}

%these blocks generate midi files.
\score {
  \staffA
\midi{..}

  \staffB
\midi{..}

Erik

Re: Repeating the midi sound?

Erik Sandberg
On Sunday 06 November 2005 22.50, Jannik Jeppesen wrote:

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

> Hi Erik...
>
> Thanks for your answer...
> I have read the unfold, but font understand it...
>
> I have made one bare in drum mode, and want to hear it in midi....
> continiously... so it keeps on playing until stopped....
> Hope you understand what i mean...

This depends on which midi player you are using.

The MIDI format doesn't support loops, so you'll need a MIDI player that can
restarts the MIDI when you reached the end.

Alternatively, you can create a very long midi file (1 hour or so), with one
bar repeated thousands of times; this may be a sufficient solution.

The latter can be done by writing something like
\repeat unfold 10000 { ..music.. }

Erik