Rehearsal mark tweak

seng_liang
Hi, I have a question regarding the \mark command. Here is the file:
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #2
\mark \markup { \column { Allegro  \line { \small TUTTI } } } R1 }

As you can see, the Allegro and TUTTI marking are too close to each other.
How can I lengthen the distance between the Allegro marking and the TUTTI
marking without cheating? By that I mean adding a word after \line and
changing its colour to white, so there will be three lines but only two
visible.

test.pdf (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Rehearsal mark tweak

Mats Bengtsson-6
If you read the documentation of the \column markup command, you will
learn that "property |baseline-skip| determines the space between each
markup".

So, you can do something like
\markup{\override #'(baseline-skip . 4) \column { Allegro  \small TUTTI } }

(by the way, the \line isn't necessary).

   /Mats

liang seng wrote:

> Hi, I have a question regarding the \mark command. Here is the file:
> \version "2.7.18"
> {
> \override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #2
> \mark \markup { \column { Allegro  \line { \small TUTTI } } } R1 }
>
> As you can see, the Allegro and TUTTI marking are too close to each
> other. How can I lengthen the distance between the Allegro marking and
> the TUTTI marking without cheating? By that I mean adding a word after
> \line and changing its colour to white, so there will be three lines
> but only two visible.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Rehearsal mark tweak

seng_liang
Hi, yes. I knew about the baseline-skip property outlined in the manual. I
just don't know how the command should be written. The syntax is sometimes
confusing.
Thank you.