Rehearsal mark interferes with TupletBracket length

Rehearsal mark interferes with TupletBracket length

Andrew Bernard
Using 2.19.82 on Debian 9, my string quartet displays an issue that is hard
to understand, and appears to be a defect. Referring to the attached image,
the mark makes the tuplet brackets too short in the violin and cello part.
I can prove this by adding an X-offset to the RehearsalMark and the issue
goes away.

It's hard to make an MWE for this as my score is very complex, and I have
not been able to make this occur when simplified to a single bar. [Perhaps
this is telling me something, but I don't know where to look.]

Andrew

rehearsal-mark-bug.png (60K) Download Attachment

Re: Rehearsal mark interferes with TupletBracket length

Mark Knoop-4
At 10:19 on 20 Feb 2019, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Using 2.19.82 on Debian 9, my string quartet displays an issue that is
> hard to understand, and appears to be a defect. Referring to the
> attached image, the mark makes the tuplet brackets too short in the
> violin and cello part. I can prove this by adding an X-offset to the
> RehearsalMark and the issue goes away.

I can't test this at the moment, but are you anywhere overriding the `extra-spacing-width` of the RehearsalMark grob?

--
Mark Knoop

Re: Rehearsal mark interferes with TupletBracket length

Andrew Bernard
Hi Mark,

No, that's the strange thing.

I can't duplicate it in an MWE.

If's a string quartet by Chris Dench. You can imagine the density and
subtlety of the scoring. There's two hundred pages - hard to give to others
to have a look at for debugging!

Andrew

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 04:22, Mark Knoop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't test this at the moment, but are you anywhere overriding the
> `extra-spacing-width` of the RehearsalMark grob?

Re: Rehearsal mark interferes with TupletBracket length

Thomas Morley-2
Am Do., 21. Feb. 2019 um 11:11 Uhr schrieb Andrew Bernard
<[hidden email]>:

> Hi Mark,
>
> No, that's the strange thing.
>
> I can't duplicate it in an MWE.
>
> If's a string quartet by Chris Dench. You can imagine the density and
> subtlety of the scoring. There's two hundred pages - hard to give to others
> to have a look at for debugging!
>
> Andrew
>

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 04:22, Mark Knoop <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > I can't test this at the moment, but are you anywhere overriding the
> > `extra-spacing-width` of the RehearsalMark grob?

This is
"tupletBracket fails with tupletFullLength and a long mark above"

A minimal:
{
  \set tupletFullLength = ##t
  \times 2/3 { c'2 2 2 }
  \mark "123456789"
}
Making the mark even longer will cause the Bracket to disappear and a
plethora of warnings.

You may try
\override TupletBracket.full-length-to-extent = ##f
or
unset tupletFullLength for the moment.

HTH,
  Harm

Re: Rehearsal mark interferes with TupletBracket length

Andrew Bernard
Hi Harm,

Thanks. Fantastic as always.

Adding this:

\once \override TupletBracket.full-length-to-extent = ##f

before the tuplets in the affected bar in each staff works perfectly. This
is a great help.

Problem with bugs like this is, I always think it is something I have done
wrong in my way too complex scores!

Andrew