Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)

Matthias Neeracher
Note that it's not "fink" that only supports the latest OS versions,  
but the maintainer of the lilypond fink package (due to lack of time  
& access to older system). If your starting point is fink, it might  
make sense to submit your build recipes as modifications of the  
lilypond fink package. I'd be happy to accept lilypond patches for  
older systems.

Matthias



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)

Johannes Schindelin
Hi,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Matthias Neeracher wrote:

> Note that it's not "fink" that only supports the latest OS versions, but the
> maintainer of the lilypond fink package (due to lack of time & access to older
> system). If your starting point is fink, it might make sense to submit your
> build recipes as modifications of the lilypond fink package. I'd be happy to
> accept lilypond patches for older systems.

Note that due to lack of time of other maintainers, it became a major
hassle to compile lilypond. You really have to compile most of the 3rd
party libraries yourself, since lilypond will not work with older
versions.

But yes, if I find new things which are needed to compile on 10.2.8, I
will post them here. Last time I tried to make lilypond compile (short
after 2.7.23, I think), it worked just fine. Even "make web"...

Ciao,
Dscho



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)

Graham Percival-2

On 20-Dec-05, at 12:55 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Matthias Neeracher wrote:
>
>> Note that it's not "fink" that only supports the latest OS versions,
>> but the
>> maintainer of the lilypond fink package (due to lack of time & access
>> to older
>> system).

True; I've adjusted the wiki accordingly.

>>  If your starting point is fink, it might make sense to submit your
>> build recipes as modifications of the lilypond fink package. I'd be
>> happy to
>> accept lilypond patches for older systems.
>
> Note that due to lack of time of other maintainers, it became a major
> hassle to compile lilypond. You really have to compile most of the 3rd
> party libraries yourself, since lilypond will not work with older
> versions.
>
> But yes, if I find new things which are needed to compile on 10.2.8, I
> will post them here. Last time I tried to make lilypond compile (short
> after 2.7.23, I think), it worked just fine. Even "make web"...

Those two paragraphs are contradictory.  :)    Do you need to compile
your own libraries (if so, please list the libraries), or were you able
to compile 2.7.23 just fine?

If you really _can_ "make web", please let me know.  I've been unable
to do so since August, which has almost eliminated doc work from me.  
:(

- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel