Re:

alex a
sorry issue #3 below got chopped off. Here is the complete statement:

3. If a bar in a 4/4 rhythm piece has 64 notes (of 1/64 value each), then Lilypond will run the notes off the page. One can only see about 2/3 of the notes in that bar.

________________________________

Programming error when using very many grace notes [was: Re: ]

Malte Meyn-3
Hi Alex,

please say which LilyPond version you are using. Issues 2 and 3 probably
are no bugs but partly intended behaviour (although I really much would
like at least a warning and maybe an error when a line is longer than it
should be like TeX’s “Overfull hbox”). And I cannot reproduce your first
issue so please give us a minimal example like the following that
illustrates your problem:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% BEGIN MINIMAL EXAMPLE (all three issues)
\version "2.18.2"

\relative {
   % issue 2: very long instrument name
   \set Staff.instrumentName = "This is a very long instrument"
   % issue 3: too many notes per line
   \repeat unfold 64 d'64
   % issue 1: very many grace notes
   \repeat unfold 1024 { \grace e8 d }
}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% END MINIMAL EXAMPLE

Now here comes a solution for issue 2 and 3:
2. Change the indent (and if you use shortInstrumentName also the
short-indent) as shown in this pdf:
http://joramberger.de/files/LilypondSpacing.pdf
3. Use a very small font size or, probably better, allow line breaks at
some reasonable points in the measure:

   \repeat unfold 16 d'64 \bar ""
   \repeat unfold 16 d64 \bar ""
   \repeat unfold 16 d64 \bar ""
   \repeat unfold 16 d64

Am 05.06.2017 um 01:54 schrieb alex a:

> sorry issue #3 below got chopped off. Here is the complete statement:
>

> 3. If a bar in a 4/4 rhythm piece has 64 notes (of 1/64 value each), then Lilypond will run the notes off the page. One can only see about 2/3 of the notes in that bar.

Urs Liska
I told you to write to the lilypond-user list and provide compilable examples.

Please do so in order to get help.

Right now we can only say: we don't really know what you mean and we don't think you arr experiencing LilyPoond bugs.

Urs