Re: not doing staff change(s) correctly

Erik Sandberg
On Saturday 18 February 2006 13.54, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
> [Mac OS X 10.4.4 ; Lilypond Version 2.7.28-2 (Build from 30-12-2005
> 19:17) ]
>
> Hi, everyone!
>
> Clearly I don't understand the \change Staff feature...  =\
> Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in the enclosed excerpt?
> It's adapted directly from the docs example, but clearly I introduced
> a problem in the translation!

Hi,

Staff switches can only occur in PianoStaffs, it doesn't work with
GrandStaffs.

Han-Wen: In 2.6 there used to be a warning message for this (warning: vertical
alignment called before line-breaking. Only do cross-staff spanners with
PianoStaff.) Is there particular reason that this was removed, or should we
consider it a release-critical bug?

--
Erik

Re: not doing staff change(s) correctly

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Erik Sandberg wrote:

> Han-Wen: In 2.6 there used to be a warning message for this (warning: vertical
> alignment called before line-breaking. Only do cross-staff spanners with
> PianoStaff.) Is there particular reason that this was removed, or should we

it was also triggered by harmless figured bass alignments. I'll see if I
can reinstate it.

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Erik Sandberg wrote:
>

>> Han-Wen: In 2.6 there used to be a warning message for this (warning:
>> vertical alignment called before line-breaking. Only do cross-staff
>> spanners with PianoStaff.) Is there particular reason that this was
>> removed, or should we
>

> it was also triggered by harmless figured bass alignments. I'll see if I
> can reinstate it.

OK; now I remember. From the perspective of align-interface.cc, the
bracketed bass figures look the same as a beam spanning two staves. The
former is not a problem, the latter is.