Re: documentation error

Erlend Aasland
Hi

On 3/24/06, dave k <[hidden email]> wrote:
On http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Jazz-combo.html
Also, I was wonder why we have to do that nasty hack with
to get the slashes. It's a pretty common aspect of jazz notation -
why can this not be its own symbol?

A cool feature would be to have an "adlib" keyword for the repeat command. For example you could write a bass part like this:

\new ChordNames \chordmode { c1 g:7 c: a2:m7 d:m7 g:7 }
\new Staff {
    \clef bass
    \relative c { c4^ e f fis \repeat "adlib" 3 { g^"Walking bass ad. lib" f e d } }
}

This would write notes in the two first bars, and then write slashes without stems in the last two bars (kind of like \repeat "percent").

Regards,
  Erlend Aasland

Re: documentation error

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Erlend Aasland schreef:

> A cool feature would be to have an "adlib" keyword for the repeat
> command. For example you could write a bass part like this:
>
> \new ChordNames \chordmode { c1 g:7 c: a2:m7 d:m7 g:7 }
> \new Staff {
>     \clef bass
>     \relative c { c4^ e f fis \repeat "adlib" 3 { g^"Walking bass ad.
> lib" f e d } }
> }
>
> This would write notes in the two first bars, and then write slashes
> without stems in the last two bars (kind of like \repeat "percent").

I could do this as a standard sponsored feature.

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com