Re: custom dynamic mark loses "e"

Graham Percival

On 30-May-05, at 10:18 PM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>> #(def-markup-command (text paper props arg) (markup?)
>>   "Use ordinary text font."
>>   (interpret-markup
>>    paper (prepend-alist-chain 'font-encoding 'ec props) arg))
> I guess this line isn't relevant in 2.5. Try to set the font-encoding
> 'roman instead of 'ec (I don't have a 2.5 installation available here,
> so I can't test it). I still think that it would be a good idea to have
> a \normaltext markup command (and the implementation provided here is
> clearly not the best solution of such a markup command).

\normaltext is the basic idea behind "using normal fonts within a
title", right?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Other-
text-markup-issues.html

How hard would it be to add such a function to lily?  It seems that it
would be quite useful.

I managed to get an "e" to appear, but it's in a different font and
much too big.  I tried
two different methods, but they both fail to work in the same way.  I'm
quite uncertain
why the second method gives the results -- I'd expect it to either not
print the e,
or use the same font for the whole string.

\version "2.5.25"
#(def-markup-command (normal-font layout props arg) (markup?)
   "Switch to normal text font"
   (interpret-markup layout (cons '((font-shape . 'upright) (fontsize .
'tiny)) props) arg))

#(def-markup-command (normal-text paper props arg) (markup?)
   "Switch to normal text font"
   (interpret-markup paper props arg))

first = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:dynamic "f" #:normal-font
"espr" ) )
second = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:dynamic "f" #:normal-text
"espr" ) )
{
c4\first
c4\second