Re: conversion batchfile or commandscript

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: conversion batchfile or commandscript

Graham Percival-2

On 22-Aug-05, at 12:53 AM, Katrien de Vos wrote
> Graham,
>
> Thank you for your reaction. I have looked into README.txt but I
> haven't found a clue. At least I do not recognize the script file -
> supposing it has the word CONVERT in it -.

Please keep lilypond issues on the mailist, so that other people can
contribute.

Doesn't the readme.txt file tell you how to set up lilypond so you can
use
scripts like convert-ly ?  I'm not familiar with the windows version,
but
the information should be there.

Cheers,
- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: conversion batchfile or commandscript

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Graham Percival wrote:

>
> On 22-Aug-05, at 12:53 AM, Katrien de Vos wrote
>
>> Graham,
>>
>> Thank you for your reaction. I have looked into README.txt but I
>> haven't found a clue. At least I do not recognize the script file -
>> supposing it has the word CONVERT in it -.
>
>
> Please keep lilypond issues on the mailist, so that other people can
> contribute.
>
> Doesn't the readme.txt file tell you how to set up lilypond so you can use
> scripts like convert-ly ?  I'm not familiar with the windows version, but
> the information should be there.

No. The information is not, as the windows version wasn't intended for
cygwin users. The lilypond-tool.zip archive contains .exe files for the
scripts; please report if they work for you.

--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: conversion batchfile or commandscript

Mats Bengtsson-6
I just tried http://lilypond.org/mingw/lilypond-tools-2.6.0.zip
and have some comments:

- convert-ly crashes with
Applying conversion: 2.5.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.5.3, 2.5.12, 2.5.13,
Traceback (most
  recent call last):
   File "convert-ly.py", line 213, in ?
   File "convert-ly.py", line 207, in main
   File "convert-ly.py", line 109, in do_one_file
   File "convertrules.pyc", line 2553, in do_conversion
   File "convertrules.pyc", line 2418, in conv
   File "codecs.pyc", line 673, in getdecoder
LookupError: unknown encoding: ascii

- lilypond-book breaks with
lilypond-book.exe (GNU LilyPond) 2.5.32
lilypond-book.exe: error: `kpsexpand \$TEXMF' failed (0)
lilypond-book.exe: error: The error log is as follows:
'kpsexpand' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

- the included tools are for LilyPond version 2.5.32

- midi2ly is missing

- There are no installation instructions at all. Do you expect an
   average Windows user to know what to do with a ZIP file with
   a number of .exe?


My tests were on a Win XP machine.

    /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>
>>
>> On 22-Aug-05, at 12:53 AM, Katrien de Vos wrote
>>
>>> Graham,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your reaction. I have looked into README.txt but I
>>> haven't found a clue. At least I do not recognize the script file -
>>> supposing it has the word CONVERT in it -.
>>
>>
>>
>> Please keep lilypond issues on the mailist, so that other people can
>> contribute.
>>
>> Doesn't the readme.txt file tell you how to set up lilypond so you can
>> use
>> scripts like convert-ly ?  I'm not familiar with the windows version, but
>> the information should be there.
>
>
> No. The information is not, as the windows version wasn't intended for
> cygwin users. The lilypond-tool.zip archive contains .exe files for the
> scripts; please report if they work for you.
>

--
=============================================
        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
=============================================


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: conversion batchfile or commandscript

Graham Percival-2

On 22-Aug-05, at 5:28 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> - There are no installation instructions at all. Do you expect an
>   average Windows user to know what to do with a ZIP file with
>   a number of .exe?

Judging from the spread of trojans and viruses in the windows
world, I'd say yes.  ;-)

Cheers,
- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user