Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again

Urs Liska

Am 12.05.2017 um 11:26 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
> Dear Leszek,
>
> when I look with hexdump, I see a lot of NUL-bytes inside the file.
> And it seems to me that the strings are in UTF-16 and the rest in
> latin-1 or the like. At least it seems like a mixture of encodings.

I think this is exactly what was discussed in the mentioned recent thread.
So it seems this is an issue in musicxml2ly that has recently been
introduced. Does anyone know or can anyone find out when this happened
(by trying musicxml2ly from different LilyPond versions)?

Urs

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org

dak

Urs Liska <[hidden email]> writes:

> Am 12.05.2017 um 11:26 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
>> Dear Leszek,
>>
>> when I look with hexdump, I see a lot of NUL-bytes inside the file.
>> And it seems to me that the strings are in UTF-16 and the rest in
>> latin-1 or the like. At least it seems like a mixture of encodings.
>
> I think this is exactly what was discussed in the mentioned recent thread.
> So it seems this is an issue in musicxml2ly that has recently been
> introduced. Does anyone know or can anyone find out when this happened
> (by trying musicxml2ly from different LilyPond versions)?

My guess would rather be on some auto-encoding/decoding choice by
Python, possibly triggered by badly (or unexpectedly?) encoded material
in the MusicXML file.

Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again

Phil Holmes

See https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4751/

--
Phil Holmes

Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again

David Wright
On Fri 12 May 2017 at 11:59:05 (+0100), Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <[hidden email]>

Took me a while to look at this, as I'm not used to this site.
The places to check are:

https://codereview.appspot.com/295120043/diff/1/python/musicexp.py
green lines 138 and 139.

https://codereview.appspot.com/295120043/diff/1/python/utilities.py