Re; Title on 2nd/3rd page? and Margins

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Hello-
I'm trying to learn lilypond via Studio to GO which at the moment
distributes 2.2x lilypond.
One thing I cannot decipher/find is how to get the title of the piece
onto each page.  It seems that there is a limit on the footer so it
cannot go clear across the bottom of the page and nothing I read in the
'creating titles' addresses my desire.

Is it possible to do?  If so what do I need to do?
Thanks-
I've looked at the possibility of Lilypond for a few years and not been
able to get a solid download to try it out.  So far it's worked well.

Oh can I control the margins better?  Changing them in the printer
controls doesn't seem to work.  I like to use a 3 ring binder and having
the margins larger than default would be nice.

Great program.
I look forward to some response.
Jay

--
Jay Hamilton
Sound and Silence

Re: Re; Title on 2nd/3rd page? and Margins

Graham Percival

On 11-Jun-05, at 6:57 AM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> I'm trying to learn lilypond via Studio to GO which at the moment
> distributes 2.2x lilypond.
> One thing I cannot decipher/find is how to get the title of the piece
> onto each page.  It seems that there is a limit on the footer so it
> cannot go clear across the bottom of the page and nothing I read in
> the 'creating titles' addresses my desire.

I recommend that you install lilypond yourself; the current 2.5.x (and
upcoming 2.6.0)
versions give you much more control over titles, margins, and the like.

Re: Re; Title on 2nd/3rd page? and Margins

Graham Percival
Please keep lilypond stuff on the mailist, since then other people can
benefit
from the answers.

On 11-Jun-05, at 9:49 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> Graham- Thanks for the response - however I don't have internet
> connection for the linux machine and only 56k modem for this the
> windows machine and it hated me when I tried to download a version of
> lilypond.

The new 2.5 package should be much easier to deal with than the previous
Cygwin package.  Simply use an intelligent download application to get
the
entire package (you could spread it over a whole week, if you want).

> So, your response would imply that the answer(s) are "no, you can't do
> that yet".

You probably can, especially if you use lilypond-book, but it would be
much easier with 2.6.