Re Problems with cues

Peter Gentry-2

Thanks for that response David. I wonder if the cause is to be found on my machine rather than in Lilypond.

I have recently been looking at Python (to try and stimulate a few aged grey cells) to which end I have blundered about with Trinket and also installed Python3.8 (64bit).

These efforts have stalled since I have not found a way of including “numpy” and “processing” outside of Trinket.

Could this action in anyway interfere with the Python part of the Lilypond installation?

My problem did not appear after any Lilypond update so very unlikely to be Lilypond related.

In an earlier life using a remote mainframe I stumbled on a freak problem. The secure network had  a series of PO repeaters. These repeaters could all be controlled centrally by the PO using  signals (not character data I believe it was frequency modulated signalling).

It transpired that my data contained one sequence of characters that were interpreted by one faulty repeater as a shut down command. The repeater worked correctly for 99.99999% of the time for a number of sites  until it met my innocuous string.

You can imagine how hard it was to convince all the technicians along the line that the fault was in the line somewhere not my input since no other users (there were a lot!) were affected.

Some issues can be very hard to resolve.

Regards Peter

dak

Re: Re Problems with cues

dak
"Peter Gentry" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thanks for that response David. I wonder if the cause is to be found on my
> machine rather than in Lilypond.

The cause is, according to the comparatively sparse and vague
information you provided so far, your input never could have worked in
the form you claim it did.

So it either stopped working in some of its incarnations and you did not
notice because the old PDF file still stayed around, or your summaries
just are not representative of the problem.

If the cause "is to be found on your machine" it would consist in local
modifications of earlier versions that made your code work.  It is
unlikely that you would not remember editing your LilyPond version, and
it is unlikely that a specialized area like that would be customized to
work differently in a subtly different manner without the person making
such a change remembering it.

dak

Re: [SPAM] Re: Re Problems with cues

dak

Please do not take discussions off the list without bothering to
announce it.

Resent, this time with list included.

Peter <[hidden email]> writes:

> Yes I did manually change using the Fresco snippet but only after the
> problem in order to put all the files on the current version number. I
> appreciate that you cannot trawl through all my files

You haven't posted "all your files" or anything actually allowing your
claims to be tested.  There are a number of \include files required to
make them compile.

> and that you have better things to do.

I resent your implication that I refuse being helpful when you give us
nothing to work on.

> A regular oddity is the message no glyph for U+92 in the .off file ?
> significant?

It means that in the given font there is no backslash.  Text font layout
of TeX fonts tends to be a bit weird but nevertheless this seems
strange.

> Many thanks for bearing with an old ponder.

Re: [SPAM] Re: Re Problems with cues

Aaron Hill
On 2019-12-13 3:54 am, David Kastrup wrote:
> Peter <[hidden email]> writes:
>> A regular oddity is the message no glyph for U+92 in the .off file ?
>> significant?
>
> It means that in the given font there is no backslash.  Text font
> layout
> of TeX fonts tends to be a bit weird but nevertheless this seems
> strange.

pango-font.cc emits the warning with %0X, so that U+ number is in hex.

U+0092 (Private Use Two) is a control character from Latin-1 Supplement.
  But I would suspect this was meant to be character 0x92 from a
non-Unicode code page, possibly Windows code page 1252 which equates to
U+2019 (0x92): Right Single Quotation Mark.

-- Aaron Hill

Re: [SPAM] Re: Re Problems with cues

Werner LEMBERG

> pango-font.cc emits the warning with %0X, so that U+ number is in
> hex.

BTW, I've now slightly adjusted the warning message in git to make
LilyPond emit 'U+0092' instead of 'U+92' – the 'U+' notation should
return at least four uppercase hex digits.

    Werner
dak

Aaron Hill <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 2019-12-13 3:54 am, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Peter <[hidden email]> writes:
>>> A regular oddity is the message no glyph for U+92 in the .off file ?
>>> significant?
>> It means that in the given font there is no backslash.  Text font
>> layout
>> of TeX fonts tends to be a bit weird but nevertheless this seems
>> strange.
>
> pango-font.cc emits the warning with %0X, so that U+ number is in hex.
>
> U+0092 (Private Use Two) is a control character from Latin-1
> Supplement.   But I would suspect this was meant to be character 0x92
> from a non-Unicode code page, possibly Windows code page 1252 which
> equates to U+2019 (0x92): Right Single Quotation Mark.

Ah, ok, sorry for the decimality.