Re: Problem with LaTeX

Mats Bengtsson-6
Developers, is the tex backend supposed to be actively supported?

Olivier, do you have any specific reason to use the TeX code?
By default, LilyPond 2.5.xx generates Postscript code directly.
If you want to include some music examples in a LaTeX document,
you should use lilypond-book which automates the process.

If you, for some strange reason, really want to use the tex backend,
then you have to add some settings so that your TeX environment
finds the relevant files. The easiest solution then is to copy
the file lilypond-profile from version 2.4, update the path in
the file to point to your current LilyPond installation tree and
then source the file. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't
work since I guess nobody has used this backend in the latest 2.5.xx
versions.

    /Mats

Olivier Baudouin wrote:

> [...]
> [Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
> You might try inserting a different font spec;
> e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
>
> ! Font \magfontfetabracesfmXVo=feta-braces-f not loadable: Metric (TFM)
> file no
> t found.
> <to be read again>
>                      \font
> l.20 \font
>             \magfontfetabracesgmXVo=feta-braces-g scaled 1000%
> I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
> so I will ignore the font specification.
> [Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
> You might try inserting a different font spec;
> e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
>
> ! Font \magfontfetabracesgmXVo=feta-braces-g not loadable: Metric (TFM)
> file no
> t found.
> <to be read again>
>                      \font
> l.21 \font
>             \magfontfetabraceshmXVo=feta-braces-h scaled 1000%
> I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
> so I will ignore the font specification.
> [Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
> You might try inserting a different font spec;
> e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
>
> ! Font \magfontfetabraceshmXVo=feta-braces-h not loadable: Metric (TFM)
> file no
> t found.
> <to be read again>
>                      \font
> l.22 \font
>             \magfontfetabracesimXVo=feta-braces-i scaled 1000%
> I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
> so I will ignore the font specification.
> [Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
> You might try inserting a different font spec;
> e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
>
> ! Font \magfontfetabracesimXVo=feta-braces-i not loadable: Metric (TFM)
> file no
> t found.
> <to be read again>
>                      \font
> l.23 \font
>             \magfontecrmImTVo=ecrm8 scaled 992%
> I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
> so I will ignore the font specification.
> [Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
> You might try inserting a different font spec;
> e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
>
> ! I can't find file `lilyponddefs'.
> l.26   \input lilyponddefs
>
> Please type another input file name
> ! Emergency stop.
> l.26   \input lilyponddefs
>
> *** (job aborted, file error in nonstop mode)
>

> Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
>    3990 strings out of 94501
>    48387 string characters out of 1169617
>    123916 words of memory out of 1000000
>    7114 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
>    7160 words of font info for 19 fonts, out of 500000 for 2000
>    580 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
>    29i,1n,40p,221b,76s stack positions out of

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Developers, is the tex backend supposed to be actively supported?

No. people that use the TeX backend are supposed to know what they are
doing. If they need help with TeX's errors, they clearly do not fall in
the target group. I have retained the backend (with the functionality of
letting TeX compute bboxes) at the specific request of Werner.

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Werner LEMBERG

> I have retained the backend (with the functionality of letting TeX
> compute bboxes) at the specific request of Werner.

And I have no time currently to work on this, sorry.

    Werner