Re: Old-style F clef?

David Feuer-2
On 4/12/06, Geoff Horton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Do you mean this one:
> > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Oldbassclef.png ?
>
> Yes. If I create one in Metafont, would it be hard to add to the progam?

I'm not a LilyPond expert, so I'll pass this on to the list, but I
would expect it to be fairly simple to change the clef font.  A
question of my own: can users build new fonts from old within
LilyPond?  It'd be cool to let users create, say, a clef font based on
the usual clef font but substituting their preferred version of the F
clef from another font.

David

Re: Old-style F clef?

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
David Feuer writes:

> On 4/12/06, Geoff Horton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Do you mean this one:
>> > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Oldbassclef.png ?
>>
>> Yes. If I create one in Metafont, would it be hard to add to the progam?

That would be easy, but it would have to look very nice, both the code
and glyph, for it to be included.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: Old-style F clef?

Father Geoffrey Horton
> That would be easy, but it would have to look very nice, both the code
> and glyph, for it to be included.

OK, I'll see what I can do. I fully appreciate the need to keep output
looking good!

Geoff