Re: Markup in stanza

Mats Bengtsson-6
It seems that you have found some bugs. According to the program
reference, the stanza property can be set to a markup, but there
are two problems here.

1. The following gives a syntax error:
\version 2.5.30
<<
\context Voice = mel \relative c'' { r4 r4 c4 c4 }
\lyricsto  mel \new Lyrics \lyricmode{
   \set stanza = \markup{ "1." \dynamic "mp" }
   \skip 2
   Foo8
}

2. Trying to work around this syntax limitation, I came up with
   the following example which still does not produce any stanza.
   Replacing the \markup with a string works well:
\version 2.5.30
<<
\context Voice = mel \relative c'' { r4 r4 c4 c4 }
\lyricsto  mel \new Lyrics %\with {stanza = \markup{ "1." \dynamic mp }}

Ben van Zanten wrote:

> Thanks for your input, but none of the markup commands seem to work :
>  % this works
>  \set stanza = "mf"
>
>  % this doesn't
>  \set stanza = \markup { \dynamic (mf) }    %empty
>  \set stanza = \markup { \dynamic ("mf") }  %empty
>
> Is my syntax incorrect ?
>
> Ben

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing