Re: Going back to 2.4.5 On Mac OS X

Walter Hofmeister
On 6/1/05 5:23 PM, "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Walter Hofmeister wrote:
>> On my system, the self
>> contained package does not quit automatically. After the file is compiled,
>> it switches to viewing the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader. In order to quit, I
>> then have to switch to the Lilypond application and quit it. Could this be
>> automated? I have noticed that you simply cannot drag another file to the
>> application that is already open. Also all of the resulting output is placed
>> on my already polluted desktop. Is it possible to have the output placed in
>> the directory where the source file (.ly)
>
> this is fixed in CVS.
>
>> was? I also got the impression
>> that the this application can be run from the terminal, but the information
>> on how to accomplish this was not sufficient that I could get it to work
>> (how to get the script file to run).
>
> where did you get stuck?

Put the lilypond.sh script somewhere in your path. Does this mean in the
directory where your .ly file is or in the same folder where the
Lilypond.app is? Customize the INSTALLED variable. I don't have the faintest
idea how to do this.
>> Point and click also does not do
>> anything (the line number and position on the line are displayed in Acrobat
>> Reader though). Is this still a feature in progress or is there something
>> that might be causing a problem on my system?
>
> did you install ClickEdit.app ?

Yes I did install the ClickEdit.app. When I click on the note in the .pdf
file, ClickEdit moves to the frontmost application, but the cursor does not
move. Its funny because there is a one line box that appears under the
cursor in Acrobat Reader that gives the path of the .ly file, and the line
and position number so something does seem to be working.

Walter Hofmeister

Re: Going back to 2.4.5 On Mac OS X

Graham Percival

On 1-Jun-05, at 10:17 PM, Walter Hofmeister wrote:

> On 6/1/05 5:23 PM, "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> where did you get stuck?
>>
> Put the lilypond.sh script somewhere in your path. Does this mean in
> the
> directory where your .ly file is or in the same folder where the
> Lilypond.app is?

Open up Terminal (or xterm) and type
echo $PATH
Copy lilypond.sh so that it is in one of those folders.

>  Customize the INSTALLED variable. I don't have the faintest
> idea how to do this.

export INSTALLED="whatever"

I don't know what "whatever" should be, but that's how to set
such variables in OSX.  (assuming 10.3 or 10.4 -- it's different in
10.2)

On 6/2/05 12:43 AM, "Graham Percival" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1-Jun-05, at 10:17 PM, Walter Hofmeister wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/05 5:23 PM, "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> where did you get stuck?
>>>
>> Put the lilypond.sh script somewhere in your path. Does this mean in
>> the
>> directory where your .ly file is or in the same folder where the
>> Lilypond.app is?
>
> Open up Terminal (or xterm) and type
> echo $PATH
> Copy lilypond.sh so that it is in one of those folders.

Did this

>>  Customize the INSTALLED variable. I don't have the faintest
>> idea how to do this.
>
> export INSTALLED="whatever"
>
> I don't know what "whatever" should be, but that's how to set
> such variables in OSX.  (assuming 10.3 or 10.4 -- it's different in
> 10.2)
>

> Cheers,
> - Graham

I got it to work by looking at the script again. All I had to do was edit
the script so that INSTALLED= The path where the Lilypond.app is located.

By the way, the thick bar lines that I complained about in a previous post
prints fine, the thick lines only show up in the displayed file. Why would
that be?

Walter Hofmeister