Re: 2.5.26 Type3 instead of TrueType

Bertalan Fodor

> what do you mean exactly?
>
> Lily on mingw uses gs for loading the font; depending on the original
> font, the PDF will contain TTF or Type1 fonts.

This is true for Latin-1 characters. But yesterday I found that with
Latin-2 (and I suppose other non-Latin-1) the TrueType version of the
character is substituted with a Type3 version. Now double-checked it,
and it seems more probable now that they are not Type3 fonts, but the
outline (pure lineart) version of the characters. That makes these
characters look different from the others.

My previous attachment didn't get to the list. So I copy it. (UTF-8 email)

\version "2.5.26"

\header {
    title = "latin1: ö, latin2: ő"

    \new Staff {
            \override Voice.TextScript #'font-name = #"Times New Roman"
            c'^"latin1: ö, latin2: ő"

Re: 2.5.26 Type3 instead of TrueType

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Bertalan Fodor wrote:

>>what do you mean exactly?
>>
>>Lily on mingw uses gs for loading the font; depending on the original
>>font, the PDF will contain TTF or Type1 fonts.
>>

> This is true for Latin-1 characters. But yesterday I found that with
> Latin-2 (and I suppose other non-Latin-1) the TrueType version of the
> character is substituted with a Type3 version. Now double-checked it,
> and it seems more probable now that they are not Type3 fonts, but the
> outline (pure lineart) version of the characters. That makes these
> characters look different from the others.
>
> My previous attachment didn't get to the list. So I copy it. (UTF-8 email)

We need the PDF to understand what you're saying. It might be that "o is
  in the times font, but ~o is not. Then Pango substitutes a font that
does have ~o ,which might look odd.

Re: 2.5.26 Type3 instead of TrueType

Bertalan Fodor
OK, I've attached the PDF.

As you can see, pango substitutes the good font, but does it badly.

(Note that there is another problem with the header. It can't find Luxi,
so substitutes Bitstream Vera, but that messes up spacing.)

Bert

Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> OK, I've attached the PDF.
>
> As you can see, pango substitutes the good font, but does it badly.
>
> (Note that there is another problem with the header. It can't find Luxi,
> so substitutes Bitstream Vera, but that messes up spacing.)
>
> Bert

Hi,

can you send me the .ps file (that comes straight out of lilyPond)
privately? Also, i will need all the TTFs referenced by the PS file.