RE;re; beaming with cadenzaOn

Sam Frybyte
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 18:29:51 +0100
From: Brian Barker <[hidden email]>
To: lilypond user group <[hidden email]>
Cc: Sam Frybyte <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: beaming with cadenzaOn

At 10:16 31/05/2017 -0700, Sam Frybyte wrote:
>If there is a time signature the beaming of 8th notes with
>acciaccaturas between them is created as I expect.
>in version. 2.18.2
>with \cadenzaOn
>\stemUp\acciaccatura c'8 \stemNeutral a8
>     \stemUp\acciaccatura b8 \stemNeutral ges8
>     \times 2/3 {f16 [des des]} des4
>
>I have not been able to figure out or find a way for the 8ths to be beamed.

>>Just as you would beam any other notes: follow the a8 with a >>left
>>bracket "a8[" and the ges8 with a right bracket "ges8]".

>>If you wrote your triplet as { f16[ des des] } you might see more
>>readily how the notation works: the brackets do not enclose >>anything
>>but separately follow the notes to which they apply.
>>I trust this helps.
>>Brian Barker

Mr. Barker
It doesn't work.  I tried this and at least in version 2.18.2 nothing
happens- Unless you mean I must include the quotation marks? and if
you do where is this information in the manual?  Otherwise without the
marks nothing happens.
Thank you

Re: RE;re; beaming with cadenzaOn

Phil Holmes
> At 10:16 31/05/2017 -0700, Sam Frybyte wrote:
>>If there is a time signature the beaming of 8th notes with
>>acciaccaturas between them is created as I expect.
>>in version. 2.18.2
>>with \cadenzaOn
>>\stemUp\acciaccatura c'8 \stemNeutral a8
>>     \stemUp\acciaccatura b8 \stemNeutral ges8
>>     \times 2/3 {f16 [des des]} des4
>>
>>I have not been able to figure out or find a way for the 8ths to be
>>beamed.
>
>>>Just as you would beam any other notes: follow the a8 with a >>left
>>>bracket "a8[" and the ges8 with a right bracket "ges8]".
>
>>>If you wrote your triplet as { f16[ des des] } you might see more
>>>readily how the notation works: the brackets do not enclose >>anything
>>>but separately follow the notes to which they apply.
>>>I trust this helps.
>>>Brian Barker
>
> Mr. Barker
> It doesn't work.  I tried this and at least in version 2.18.2 nothing
> happens- Unless you mean I must include the quotation marks? and if
> you do where is this information in the manual?  Otherwise without the
> marks nothing happens.
> Thank you
It does work:

{ \cadenzaOn \acciaccatura c'8 a8[
\acciaccatura b8 ges8]
\times 2/3 {f16[ des des]} des4

Phil Holmes

FryByte.preview.png (4K) Download Attachment

At 03:47 01/06/2017 -0700, Sam Frybyte wrote:
>Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 18:29:51 +0100
>From: Brian Barker <[hidden email]>
>>Just as you would beam any other notes: follow the a8 with a left
>>bracket "a8[" and the ges8 with a right bracket "ges8]".
>
>It doesn't work.

It does for me - and clearly also for Mr Holmes.

>I tried this and at least in version 2.18.2 nothing happens ...

For what it's worth, it works for me in 2.18.2.

>Unless you mean I must include the quotation marks?

No.

>Otherwise without the marks nothing happens.

You must be doing something different; I cannot guess what this may
be. Are you sure you are putting both the brackets exactly where suggested?

Brian Barker