R\fermata: How to update translated docs

R\fermata: How to update translated docs

Malte Meyn-3
Hi list,

my third attempt to make R\fermata work (after
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-04/msg00069.html
and
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-04/msg00079.html)
seems to be successful:

One of the changes is that \fermataMarkup isn’t needed anymore and
therefore removed. This means that “make doc” would fail and that’s why
I set the issue to “needs_work”.

For a successful “make doc” one could simply replace all occurrences of
\fermataMarkup by \fermata. But that would give nonsensical texts like
“You cannot use \fermata on MMRs, use \fermata instead”. I could adapt
the documentation in English and German and add a Changes entry but what
about the other languages?

Cheers,
Malte

Re: R\fermata: How to update translated docs

Werner LEMBERG

> my third attempt to make R\fermata work (after
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-04/msg00069.html
> and
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-04/msg00079.html)
> seems to be successful:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5511/

Great!

> One of the changes is that \fermataMarkup isn’t needed anymore and
> therefore removed. This means that “make doc” would fail and that’s
> why I set the issue to “needs_work”.
>
> For a successful “make doc” one could simply replace all occurrences
> of \fermataMarkup by \fermata.  But that would give nonsensical
> texts like “You cannot use \fermata on MMRs, use \fermata instead”.
> I could adapt the documentation in English and German and add a
> Changes entry but what about the other languages?

If you are able to identify the corresponding places, I suggest to
insert something like

  % TODO: the next section is out of date; \fermataMarkup has been
  % deprecated, see section `blabla' in the English documentation.

and to comment out the offending paragraphs.

    Werner