Problem with update syntax in Mac OS X --- converts to 2.7.7 instead of 2.7.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with update syntax in Mac OS X --- converts to 2.7.7 instead of 2.7.6

David Fedoruk
Hello all:

I downloaded the latest development version of lilypond for Mac OS X
(2.7.6-1 (vBuild from 19-08-2005 22:05). When I run Update Syntax from
the GUI in O S X, it converts to the wrong version.

To test this I took the Welcome document which opens the application
and contains a short test script renamed it test2.7.6 and ran Update
syntax... this is its output:

-------------- SNIP -----------------

convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.7.6
Processing `/Users/nicholas/Documents/Lilypond/test2.7.6.ly'...
Applying conversion: 2.7.0, 2.7.1, 2.7.2, 2.7.4, 2.7.6, 2.7.7

----------- end SNIP --------------


Notice that it coverts to 2.7.7, one version higher that it really is.
As soon as you run the compile for the script it dies because of the
wrong version. It is really 2.7.6.

david

--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986
Certificate in Internet Systems Administration, UBC, 2003

"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update syntax in Mac OS X --- converts to 2.7.7 instead of 2.7.6

Mats Bengtsson-6
Looks like a silly packaging error. Just edit the converted .ly file
and replace "2.7.7" with "2.7.6" in the \version statement.

    /Mats

David Fedoruk wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I downloaded the latest development version of lilypond for Mac OS X
> (2.7.6-1 (vBuild from 19-08-2005 22:05). When I run Update Syntax from
> the GUI in O S X, it converts to the wrong version.
>
> To test this I took the Welcome document which opens the application
> and contains a short test script renamed it test2.7.6 and ran Update
> syntax... this is its output:
>
> -------------- SNIP -----------------
>
> convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.7.6
> Processing `/Users/nicholas/Documents/Lilypond/test2.7.6.ly'...
> Applying conversion: 2.7.0, 2.7.1, 2.7.2, 2.7.4, 2.7.6, 2.7.7
>
> ----------- end SNIP --------------
>
>
> Notice that it coverts to 2.7.7, one version higher that it really is.
> As soon as you run the compile for the script it dies because of the
> wrong version. It is really 2.7.6.
>
> david
>

--
=============================================
        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
=============================================


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update syntax in Mac OS X --- converts to 2.7.7 instead of 2.7.6

fiëé visuëlle
Am 2005-08-22 um 09:17 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:

> Looks like a silly packaging error. Just edit the converted .ly file
> and replace "2.7.7" with "2.7.6" in the \version statement.

No, no - I'm sure it's an effect of Guido's time machine - some  
LilyPond Python script used "from __future__ import __version__"!
;-D

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm
http://www.fiee.net
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update syntax in Mac OS X --- converts to 2.7.7 instead of 2.7.6

David Fedoruk
> No, no - I'm sure it's an effect of Guido's time machine - some
> LilyPond Python script used "from __future__ import __version__"!
> ;-D
>
I had a feeling something like that might have been at work but I've
always been so bad at temporal mechanics that I was loath to even
suggest it.....  ;)


--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986
Certificate in Internet Systems Administration, UBC, 2003

"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user