Problem with repeat

Bernhard Kleine
The attached excerpt has an errorneous repeat sign at measure five since
the text starts there. However the repeat sign before measure three is
also valid for the text which, however, starts as the vocal part in
measure 5.

How to solve this? Is there a snippet which shows a solution?

Regards Bernhard

--
spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch

T-u-M-Jerry-Estes-Sing-Jubilate-Deo.ly (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with repeat

Robert Schmaus
My advice: go over your file (I only looked at it superficially) and
pepper it with bar checks and - in this case probably more importantly -
bar *number* checks. Then you should find your misplaced repeat block ...

Here's the manual:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/bars.en.html#bar-and-bar-number-checks

Best,
Robert

Am 28.05.17 um 19:42 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:

> The attached excerpt has an errorneous repeat sign at measure five since
> the text starts there. However the repeat sign before measure three is
> also valid for the text which, however, starts as the vocal part in
> measure 5.
>
> How to solve this? Is there a snippet which shows a solution?
>
> Regards Bernhard

Re: Problem with repeat

Robert Blackstone-2
Hi Bernhard,

I played a liile bit with your example and I got a result that seems to be what you want.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

On 28 May 2017, at 19:42 , Bernhard Kleine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The attached excerpt has an errorneous repeat sign at measure five since
> the text starts there. However the repeat sign before measure three is
> also valid for the text which, however, starts as the vocal part in
> measure 5.
>
> How to solve this? Is there a snippet which shows a solution?
>
> Regards Bernhard
>
> --
> spitzhalde9
> D-79853 lenzkirch
> [hidden email]
> www.b-kleine.com, www.urseetal.net
> -
> thunderbird mit enigmail
> GPG schlüssel: D5257409
> fingerprint:
> 08 B7 F8 70 22 7A FC C1 15 49 CA A6 C7 6F A0 2E D5 25 74 09
>
> <T-u-M-Jerry-Estes-Sing-Jubilate-Deo.ly>_______________________________________________

T-u-M-Jerry-Estes-Sing-Jubilate-Deo_test2.ly (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with repeat

David Wright
On Sun 28 May 2017 at 19:42:26 (+0200), Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> The attached excerpt has an errorneous repeat sign at measure five since
> the text starts there. However the repeat sign before measure three is
> also valid for the text which, however, starts as the vocal part in
> measure 5.
>
> How to solve this? Is there a snippet which shows a solution?

Do you intend ever unfolding these repeats? Particularly, do you
want to do so in a manner that involves unfolding the lyrics?

If not, then just remove the repeat structures from the lyrics
and set them as normal. Fortunately, you don't have to worry
about edge effects like ties and hyphens crossing the repeat
measures.

If you want to be able to unfold the motes and lyrics, then
you have to use the tedious method of entering lyrics with
their individual durations: Sing8 Ju -- bi -- la4 -- te
and so on. Then specify the score with:
 \new Voice = vsoprano { \soprano }
 \new Lyrics \lyricmode { \set associatedVoice = vsoprano \sopranotext }
That way, it will Just Work™.

Cheers,
David.

RE: Problem with repeat

Mark Stephen Mrotek
Bernhard,

In measure 5 the voices have a "d8\rest" while the piano has a two beat chord.

Mark