Problem with linebreaks and musicglyphs

Markus Grunwald-2
Hello,

Consider this example:

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c''
{
c c ^\markup{\center-column {"D.S." "Nach der 2. Str." "Coda - Coda"}} c
}

It's /almost/ what I want, except that I'd like to have the glyph
\musicglyph #"scripts.coda" instead of the "Coda" string. I don't know
how to put that...
Or is there a completely different, better way to achieve this?

Thanks for your help,
--
Markus Grunwald

Re: Problem with linebreaks and musicglyphs

Schneidy
Hi Markus,

How about:

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c''
{
c c ^\markup
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 2) % <= possibly
  \center-column {
    "D.S." "Nach der 2. Str."
    \line\vcenter { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" - \musicglyph
#"scripts.coda" }

Pierre

Re: Problem with linebreaks and musicglyphs

Noeck
Dear Markus,

there are probably other solutions that center the coda glyphs and the
dash more elegantly, but this works. \line combines several markup-parts
into one line:

\relative c''
{
  c c ^\markup{
    \center-column {
      "D.S." "Nach der 2. Str."
      \line {
        \musicglyph #"scripts.coda"
        \lower #0.47 "-"
        \musicglyph #"scripts.coda"
  } c

Joram

Re: Problem with linebreaks and musicglyphs (lyuser: message 1 of 20)

Markus Grunwald-2
Hello Schneidy and noeck,

Thanks, both answers are very helpful and work beautifully :)

cu
--
Markus Grunwald