Problem with LaTeX

Olivier Baudouin
Lilypond 2.5.31 compiled on Mandriva 2005

Lilypond makes ps, pdf and tex files ( $ lilypond -b tex -f tex xxx.ly)

But I can't applies LaTeX on my tex file !

$ latex xxx.tex

Error message :

-----------------------
LaTeX Info: Redefining \dots on input line 37.
(/mondelibre/Olivier/Master1/lyxxx/Lily/tests//bach_divertissement.tex
! Font \magfontfetaCAmXVo=feta20 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.11 \font
             \magfontparmesanCAmXVo=parmesan20 scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontparmesanCAmXVo=parmesan20 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not fo
und.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.12 \font
             \magfontfetaalphabetCAmXVo=feta-alphabet20 scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetaalphabetCAmXVo=feta-alphabet20 not loadable: Metric
(TFM) fi
le not found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.13 \font
             \magfontecrmBAmXVo=ecrm10 scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesamXVo=feta-braces-a not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.15 \font
             \magfontfetabracesbmXVo=feta-braces-b scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesbmXVo=feta-braces-b not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.16 \font
             \magfontfetabracescmXVo=feta-braces-c scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracescmXVo=feta-braces-c not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.17 \font
             \magfontfetabracesdmXVo=feta-braces-d scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesdmXVo=feta-braces-d not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.18 \font
             \magfontfetabracesemXVo=feta-braces-e scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesemXVo=feta-braces-e not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.19 \font
             \magfontfetabracesfmXVo=feta-braces-f scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesfmXVo=feta-braces-f not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.20 \font
             \magfontfetabracesgmXVo=feta-braces-g scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesgmXVo=feta-braces-g not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.21 \font
             \magfontfetabraceshmXVo=feta-braces-h scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabraceshmXVo=feta-braces-h not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.22 \font
             \magfontfetabracesimXVo=feta-braces-i scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesimXVo=feta-braces-i not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                      \font
l.23 \font
             \magfontecrmImTVo=ecrm8 scaled 992%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! I can't find file `lilyponddefs'.
l.26   \input lilyponddefs

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
l.26   \input lilyponddefs

*** (job aborted, file error in nonstop mode)

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
    3990 strings out of 94501
    48387 string characters out of 1169617
    123916 words of memory out of 1000000
    7114 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
    7160 words of font info for 19 fonts, out of 500000 for 2000
    580 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
    29i,1n,40p,221b,76s stack positions out of
3000i,1500n,5000p,200000b,15000s
No pages of output.

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Mats Bengtsson-6
Developers, is the tex backend supposed to be actively supported?

Olivier, do you have any specific reason to use the TeX code?
By default, LilyPond 2.5.xx generates Postscript code directly.
If you want to include some music examples in a LaTeX document,
you should use lilypond-book which automates the process.

If you, for some strange reason, really want to use the tex backend,
then you have to add some settings so that your TeX environment
finds the relevant files. The easiest solution then is to copy
the file lilypond-profile from version 2.4, update the path in
the file to point to your current LilyPond installation tree and
then source the file. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't
work since I guess nobody has used this backend in the latest 2.5.xx
versions.

    /Mats

Olivier Baudouin wrote:

> [...]
>             \magfontecrmImTVo=ecrm8 scaled 992%
> I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
> so I will ignore the font specification.
> [Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
> You might try inserting a different font spec;
> e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
>
> ! I can't find file `lilyponddefs'.
> l.26   \input lilyponddefs
>
> Please type another input file name
> ! Emergency stop.
> l.26   \input lilyponddefs
>
> *** (job aborted, file error in nonstop mode)
>

> Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
>    3990 strings out of 94501
>    48387 string characters out of 1169617
>    123916 words of memory out of 1000000
>    7114 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
>    7160 words of font info for 19 fonts, out of 500000 for 2000
>    580 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
>    29i,1n,40p,221b,76s stack positions out of

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Developers, is the tex backend supposed to be actively supported?

No. people that use the TeX backend are supposed to know what they are
doing. If they need help with TeX's errors, they clearly do not fall in
the target group. I have retained the backend (with the functionality of
letting TeX compute bboxes) at the specific request of Werner.

Re: Problem with LaTeX

John Mandereau
Olivier Baudouin wrote:
> Lilypond 2.5.31 compiled on Mandriva 2005
>
> Lilypond makes ps, pdf and tex files ( $ lilypond -b tex -f tex xxx.ly)
>
> But I can't applies LaTeX on my tex file !
>
> $ latex xxx.tex
I'm certainly not a TeXpert, but .tex files should generally be
processed either by TeX or LaTeX. As far as I know, LilyPond (the main
program lilypond)  outputs a TeX file, so simply try this:

$ tex xxx.tex

--
John Mandereau <[hidden email]>

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Robert Memering
Am Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2005 13:14 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:

> Developers, is the tex backend supposed to be actively supported?
>
> Olivier, do you have any specific reason to use the TeX code?
> By default, LilyPond 2.5.xx generates Postscript code directly.
> If you want to include some music examples in a LaTeX document,
> you should use lilypond-book which automates the process.
>
> If you, for some strange reason, really want to use the tex backend,
> then you have to add some settings so that your TeX environment
> finds the relevant files. The easiest solution then is to copy
> the file lilypond-profile from version 2.4, update the path in
> the file to point to your current LilyPond installation tree and
> then source the file. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't
> work since I guess nobody has used this backend in the latest 2.5.xx
> versions.
>
>     /Mats

Is it possible to get text with font metrics/kerning using
the 2.5.x versions? If yes, the reasons for still wanting to
use the TeX backend are indeed strange.

If not, they're obvious. I switched back to 2.4 because of that.

Robert

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Werner LEMBERG

> I have retained the backend (with the functionality of letting TeX
> compute bboxes) at the specific request of Werner.

And I have no time currently to work on this, sorry.

    Werner

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Robert Memering wrote:

> Is it possible to get text with font metrics/kerning using
> the 2.5.x versions? If yes, the reasons for still wanting to
> use the TeX backend are indeed strange.

 > If not, they're obvious. I switched back to 2.4 because of that.

AFAIK it's swithced on by default if you use TTF or OTF fonts.

Re: Problem with LaTeX

Ferenc Wagner
Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:

> Robert Memering wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to get text with font metrics/kerning using
>> the 2.5.x versions? If yes, the reasons for still wanting to
>> use the TeX backend are indeed strange.
>
>> If not, they're obvious. I switched back to 2.4 because of that.
>
> AFAIK it's swithced on by default if you use TTF or OTF fonts.

Does the PS backend also produce ligatures and the other
bunch of fine touches of TeX I've probably never heard of
but would probably notice unconsciously?
--
                                                Feri.