Possible Water Lily Icon

Carl Sorensen-4
I went out on the web to hunt down some water lily photos, and using the
Gimp I added transparency and shrunk the photos to icon size.

I have not yet contacted the author about permission to use these
images.

Are these interesting enough to try to get permission?

Carl

--
Carl Sorensen <[hidden email]>

3rdwaterlily-clipped-w-transparency-small.gif (3K) Download Attachment
3rdwaterlily-clipped-w-transparency-small.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Possible Water Lily Icon

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Carl Sorensen wrote:
> I went out on the web to hunt down some water lily photos, and using the
> Gimp I added transparency and shrunk the photos to icon size.
>
> I have not yet contacted the author about permission to use these
> images.
>
> Are these interesting enough to try to get permission?

They look a little cracked to me. Am I right that I should get a blue
background?

My last attempts are at lilypond.org/~hanwen/
I think they look fairly nice, except that they have a "photo" feel to
them, which doesn't blend well with most icon themes.