Polymeter Question

nagymusic
This post was updated on .
I'm working on a flute and marimba duet that features a polymetric passage.
Would someone be able to suggest how to fix the typeset music so that it respects
automatic line breaks? Currently, longer passages just run off the page...  (see
attached .ly file)? I browsed the forum and gather that there could be an
issue with this but wasn't able to find a solution. Thank you for your help!
polymeter_test.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5327/polymeter_test.ly

Re: Polymeter Question

SoundsFromSound

On 11/19/2018 5:54 PM, nagymusic wrote:
I'm working on a flute and marimba duet that features a polymetric passage.
Would someone be able to suggest how to fix the typeset music to respect
automatic line breaks? Currently, it just runs off the page...  (see
attached .ly file)? I browsed the forum and gather that there could be an
issue with this but wasn't able to find a solution. Thank you for your help!
polymeter_test.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5327/polymeter_test.ly>

Have you tried explicitly putting \bar ""statements at the points you wish to break cleanly?

(http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/polymeter-line-breaks-td207734.html)

composer | sound designer | asmr artist

Re: Polymeter Question

Trevor Bača-2
Hi Zvony,

Have you tried ...

\layout { \context { \Voice \remove Forbid_line_break_engraver } }

... yet?

Removing the Forbid_line_break_engraver allows LilyPond to break a system of music *in the middle of ongoing note's duration* (which have a way of arising anytime the polymetry goes on for a bit).

Trevor.