Polygon magic!

David Feuer-2
I haven't written the code yet, but I have, conceptually at least,
completely solved the problem of unfilled rounded polygons in both
PostScript and SVG.  The key is to use the outline as a clipping path,
and create path that coincides with it everywhere except perhaps at
the corners which is stroked.  The outline is redrawn (or whatever)
and the region between the paths is filled.  This gives an overall
thickness parameter, and two parameters for each vertex: outer radius,
inner radius, and line thickness.  If necessary, it should even be
possible to make the different edges have different thicknesses.

David

Re: Polygon magic!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
David Feuer writes:

> I haven't written the code yet, but I have, conceptually at least,
> completely solved the problem of unfilled rounded polygons in both
> PostScript and SVG.

That's great, but I think we should add an open and filled triangle to
the font anyway, as you suggested.  With unfilled polygons, there is
no need to do it now, which is a nice bonus.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org