Piano pedaling with events in both hands

Piano pedaling with events in both hands

DrTechDaddy
I'm working on a piano score (from a lesson book) in which the pedaling points are split between RH and LH parts.
In the example measure 1, the Pedal occurs on RH quarter beats with no LH note, but in meausre 2 it occurs on LH quarter-beats with no RH note.
Furthermore, I'm getting two separate pedal lines.
It seems the RH and LH pedaling should be merged in a piano staff, but I don't know how to specify this.

PedalPositioning.ly (695 bytes) Download Attachment
PedalPositioning.pdf (81K) Download Attachment

RE: Piano pedaling with events in both hands

Mark Stephen Mrotek
Joseph,

You could "unattach" the pedal from both parts and put the both in a
\new Dynamics {
  }
The pedaling would be attached to "spacers" rather than notes.

Mark